*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115605-The-Agony-of-Stupid-Drunks-06-30-01
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #165682
This is my [somewhat] daily journal!
#115605 added July 9, 2001 at 1:50pm
Restrictions: None
The Agony of Stupid Drunks [06-30-01]
8:40 a.m -- I awoke early compared to the past few days. I must say that the TFL room i'm staying in isn't the best, in fact..it's awful. Almost every night I have to kill a few roaches or a ton of ants. Not cool, not cool at all. This all builds character, I suppose. Anyway, when I awoke I flipped on the TV. TV here is much better than Portales! Even the most basic cable service has more and much better channels. Even so, TV on an early Saturday morning...well..SUCKS. There wasn't anything on. While flipping through TV trash, I heared loud thunderous booms. Weather in FL is not what I had expected. When someone thinks about FL, they imagine sunny days..not continous Thunder storms that threaten to take out the power with every boom. The weather channel predicts more T-storms through Wed! Ugh!

9:05 a.m. -- Finally I got sick of flipping and decided to venture out into the main room. Mom was awake and decided to get up and be ready to go clean our new house in Crestview. We get to move in tomorrow, which means no TV or anything until our stuff arrives the following Friday. Surviving that may be tough--it's a true "Survivor" test for the average American! Anyway, can we say complete bordom in a new scary place? Sure, it's a new place but that really don't mean anything. I have already seen almost everything near our new house. At least at TLF we have a beach not even five minutes away! [Not that I like beaches. To be honest, I don't. I got all the beach I could humanly stand in Hawaii! Sunsets over the water are the best though..and for that, I wish we were still by the beach.] Going to our new house will be like going into the Room of Spirit and Time without the high gravity. We don't even have a `fridge until Tuesday. We must rely on a cooler for anything and everything we want to keep cool (mostly soda).

9:30 a.m -- WOW! Spiderman is on FOX! The old cartoon is still one of my fav. American cartoons. While watching, dad awoke and got ready. I ate a hotdog (yes! at 9:30 in the morning!) just so I wouldn't starve to death before they got back (it's too far to walk anywhere, and the only other thing to eat here is candy). They departed after Spiderman went off, and I once again..channel surfed.

Unknown Times -- Eventually I stumbled nto the original "Whose Line is it Anyway?" I love improv! The brittish version is just so odd though. The host takes the game much too serious, and it seems rushed. After an hour of that, it was time to channel surf once more. On MTV was the "Real World Casting Special". Honestly people, how desperate are Americans? Further then that, though, how much "Real World" can a human stand? I may be hated for saying this, and that's really OK, since people can have their opinions, but I feel that "Real World" is, by far, the worst reality TV show there is. Sure, you have some young adults in several real situations, but have some mercy. Most of the "real" situations they enter, are not common unless you live with 6 other people..yeesh. If they want to show "Real Life" they can start by showing murders and other crimes happening under our noses, and the victims who survive. Then, they can show marriages being ruined, and other "real" situations such as that. However, just because i'm saying all this about the "Real World" doesn't mean that I really take any likeing to the other Reality TV shows. They all suck big time. Someday I may sit down and write about why, but until then..

Once again, the lack of good TV drove me to near insanity. I decided to listen to some CDs. "Just Push Play" by Aerosmith was what I happend to choose. Ever since I heard "Jaded" I've been in love with their music. Yes, I had heard several others songs before Jaded ("Walk This Way", "Dream On", for example) but I never really got into them. I have to thank Andy! He let me burn the CD, and really got me into it. It was only a few days ago that I went out and BOUGHT the CD, but I think I may actually wear it out faster than he will! Aerosmith is, without doubt, the best rock band in the history of Rock and Roll.

While listening to the CD, I heard the phone ring. I got up to answer it but noticed something odd. The ringing was continious (it never stopped!) I picked it up only to hear a dial tone. I thought that was really odd, and I half expected to turn around and see an explosion of something (ala a major action movie). Back to the music.

Sometime around 2:00 the maid showed up and did her job. Actually, i'm not too sure what she really did. She didn't make up both beds, but she did change trash and change towels..so I guess its OK. Afterwards, it was channel flipping time. "Real World" was still on (ugh!) along with some other boring things that I really didn't care to watch. I did manage to find a show on the Discovery Channel, however, about bears. Bears are so cool! Polar Bears are the neatest species, next to the great Panda Bear.

Around 4:00 my parents finally returned and wanted to go to a good resturant for dinner. I got a quick shower, got dressed in a semi-casual outfit, and we were off. We went to Chilis. We don't usually get to eat there. In fact, when we lived in Portales we only ate there once a year (mainly because we had to go over 1 1/2 hours out of our way to get to the resturant). So you can just imagine how happy I was. I never guessed what would really happen.

We were seated almost immedately by a cute waitress. After ordering, we all noticed four guys take the booth behind ours. No big deal, right? Wouldn't be so bad if they weren't drunk!! Yes, you read right; they were DRUNK! I won't get into how all three of us came to that conclusion, just trust me that it was obvious (to me in more than one sense). Not only were they drunk, but they were messing with the cute waitress from before. It only got worse as the four started to [horribly] sing as loud as they could, as well as bang things on their table. I kept hopeing someone would kick them out, but no such luck.

Our food arrived, and I must say it was UNBELIEVEABLE!! Just AMAZING! Unfornantly, the drunken fools were still at large, and were still messing with the waitress--who was starting to get really annoyed. I felt sort of helpless in that situation. Deep inside me, I felt this urge to stand up and say something to them...but it wasn't a good time..and I was way outnumbered. (1 to 4? Come on! Even the great James isn't that good. Now..if Andy and Matt had been with me, I think I could have pulled it off!)

After dinner we went to Circut City. I had to check to see if they sold NIC (Network Interface Cards, for the non computer people reading this!) and routers. They sold both, but at a pretty high cost. After that we all went back to our room.

Nothing else really happened. Saturday is just not the day to watch TV, that's for sure.. it apparntly isn't the best day to be going to nice resturants either. More coming to this little journal of my life soon, so Dewa Matta Minna!

© Copyright 2001 James (Himura) (UN: rurouni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James (Himura) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115605-The-Agony-of-Stupid-Drunks-06-30-01