*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115606-In-the-Dark-Already-07-01-01
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #165682
This is my [somewhat] daily journal!
#115606 added July 9, 2001 at 1:51pm
Restrictions: None
In the Dark Already [07-01-01]
Oh the sweet sound of rain... NOT! I really don't like the rain all that much. I personally enjoy the bright happy sunlight. That may have something to do with the fact that I don't sunburn. I swear! I was out in the sun for over eight hours straight, and wasn't burned at all. This also means that I don't tan, which is too bad. (I'm as pale as a ghost, if you don't know me.)

After waking up, I got ready to move out of the TFL room. That didn't take too long. We got lucky that we didn't have to load up the car in the pouring rain (it had stopped just for the moment). Next, dad and I went to the main TLF office (to check out) while mom took the other car to the Base Exchange (BX).

The power was out at the TFL, which caused it to take twice as long as normal. We then proceeded to the BX to search for mom who had magically vanished. it took us 35 minutes to finally catch up to her. Anyway, we caught up, bought the things we needed, and headed for our house. I'd like to point out that it was raining really hard again.

We arrive at the house and unloaded our stuff. Nothing else really happened until around 3:00 or so.

At about 3:00, we decided to go to Walmart to get more things we needed. While shopping we saw the lights dim, and then go completely out. We decided to shop in the dark, a new (and interesting) expirence. You wouldn't know how loud people really are, until the music is completely gone. When we finished, we were amazied to find that every building, house, and streetlight was also out. This, of course, meant that our house had no power. No power means no air condition, which equals three very hot people with absolutely NOTHING to do! What else can I possibly say to that situation? We've only been in FL a week and we're seeing the biggest rain and thunder storms of all i've ever witnessed. Not to mention, we're sitting in the dark with only a few low-glowing "Touch Lights" to shine our paths. What else could possibly go wrong?

© Copyright 2001 James (Himura) (UN: rurouni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James (Himura) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115606-In-the-Dark-Already-07-01-01