*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115607-Darkness-Explained-07-02-01
Rated: ASR · Book · Biographical · #165682
This is my [somewhat] daily journal!
#115607 added July 9, 2001 at 1:52pm
Restrictions: None
Darkness Explained [07-02-01]
I awoke at 9:45 with a pretty strange dream. After writing it down, I stumbled (literally) out to the main room to find my mom just laying there. Why did I stumble? I am pretty sore. Since I have nothing better to do, I am doing exercises that do not require machines or weights. Between the exercises, and sleeping on an airbed that leaks.. well, you can just imagine.

I found out the reason for the power failure yesterday. Someone (assumingly drunk, but hasn't really been confirmed) drove off the road, THROUGH a person's mailbox, and yard, and straight into the electric transistor; thereby leaving one-half of the town of Crestview in the dark and without any power what-so-ever. First off, if the guy wasn't drunk, I want to know where he learned to drive and keep far far away from that place. Secondly, keeping in mind that the transistor is in a residental area, what is wrong with that picture? Who designed the system so that if any ONE transistor goes out half of the city goes out as well? I guess I honestly have no idea how these things work, so if you are (or know any) electricians, feel free to e-mail me or leave me a comment. Let me know how this works, and why such things happen? To me, it would be more logical to have more than one transistor running half the city..but that's just me.

So after hearing that, I decided to play a game on my PS2 (which I brought along with me on the trip). After playing something for about ten minutes, lo and behold, what do I hear? That's right! Thunder! WHOO! That means i've just won a chance to turn off all electrical devices and unplug them from the wall. I have NEVER seen so much lightning in one town. Even Portales (with its vast amount of T-storms) had its breaks so I could at least DO something!

Oh well. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. I played three hours of rummy with my mom, and just about went insane. Too bad I only have FOUR more days like this. Oh, I did write a letter to Shiela. I bet she'll be happy to get that... at least, I hope she will be.

Way later, the storm finally passed long enough to watch some DVDs on the PS2 (I LOVE YOU, PS2!!)... so we watch "O Brother Where Art Thou?" and after it was over, I popped in "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" (which I had been wanting to see since it was out in theater)...



Now, i'm about to go to bed. I just finished "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and I must say, I really enjoyed it. Maybe i'll write about my thoughts on it later..until then.

© Copyright 2001 James (Himura) (UN: rurouni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
James (Himura) has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/115607-Darkness-Explained-07-02-01