*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158158
by Bookie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #381531
A relcutant hacker teams up with an eccentric hottie to save the world...or blow it up.
#158158 added April 3, 2002 at 9:02pm
Restrictions: None
Those dissapearing disks, they're a pain.
Note: For those of you thinking, "how can you fit the largest hacking program on earth on a measily A disk?" Ken is a genious, don't question.



Ken woke up to the humming of a dozen machines; he'd fallen asleap at work again. With cloudy eyes he stared at the monitor in front of him, assesing how far he got before he fell asleap.

Not bad, most of the coding was done. In fact, all he realy need to do was finish it up and run it through his Icon Bomb program. Only five days, a record for such a big job. Ken's father would be coming next weekend, so that meant Ken had a whole week to himself.

A whole week, with no coding, and no hacking. Ken suddenly relized he had nothing else to do. That put a severe hamper on his spirits. Nothing to do but commit crimes, wonderful.

Well, maybe there was that club. It was annoyingly loud, but if Ken needed anything he needed to get out, just get out anywhere. The code was finished and Ken printed it out for proof reading.

Yeah, that club. If he seemed like a regular, it wouldn't look so strange when he showed up, and that sort of logic would definitly get him brownie points with his father. Maybe he'd get a bigger allowence or something, and then he wouldn't have to live on pretzles.

Maybe that girl would show up again too. Ken never did get her name. Relizing what he was thinking, he shook his head. The move was making Ken stupid and lax. He had actualy told someone his name, and now they were in the same class. Well, he'd just have to give the cold shoulder to the girl, or he could change the scheduals around. No, that wouldn't work, he needed to be in that class to keep up a constant connection with the computer.

The code was all right, so Ken burned up the hard copy and opened his backpack for his Icon Bomb disk. It wasn't there. Mabye it was in the front pocket, so Ken checked. It wasn't there either. Getting worried, Ken emptied out the entire contents of the bag and shuffled through them. Just a few books, no disk.

Where could it have gone? Ken tried to remember where he could have put it. He was working on adjusting it for the college computer when the girl from the club started trying to get his attention. He'd been ignoring her, and then the bell rang, and he tried to get out as fast as possible....

And he left the disk in the drive! Ken hit himself in the head. Wonderful, he'd left one of the largest hacking programs on earth in a rundown university computer. Without that thing, all of the work he had been doing was worthless, his father would be furious, and Yamoto would have a feild day. Ken had to get that disk back, he /had/ to.

So much for the week with nothing to do. Ken grabbed his now empty bookbag and ran to the University.
© Copyright 2002 Bookie (UN: bookgrl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bookie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/158158