*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222283-Stress
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #613229
Rants on things ranging from politics to the idiot in my math class - read if you dare
#222283 added January 21, 2003 at 5:22pm
Restrictions: None
Stress
One by one, I watch my friends fall to this invisable enemy - stress. It's like a parasite that you get when you each a bad steak, except that instead of the steak its a midtrem,a final, or a project.

People are demanding more and more of each other these days. Not to mention demanding more of themselves. Even me (especially me). What is it that makes us add on even more activitys responiblites, duties, to our already straining scheduale? I'm hardly ever a home anymore, and if I am, i'm cramming for some test that's happening tommorrow and I haven't had time to study for it because or all the homework I have - usally given by the same teacher.

I watch people as the stress overtakes them. Some get loud and hystrical, constantly remining themselves of due dates, of appointments, others withdraw back into themselves and simply shut down. I can't say which is worse, even having ewxperiaced both.

I'm in alot of 'high level' courses at school. The letters 'AP' or 'IB' just seem like a sign to teachers screaming GIVE ME HOMEWORK!! BECAUSE I HAVE NO LIFE AND I LOVE SPEANDING EVERY WAKING MOMENT OF MY DAYS DOING POINTLESS EXERCISES FROM YOUR CLASS!! More then once I've been on the verge of just telling my teachers to go somewhere. But, being the nice sweet child that I am, I haven't managed that. Yet.

There going to burn us out before we even get anywhere in life. There are many students - brillant students - who tell me that they have considered suicide as a way out because they can't live with the unrealistic goals of those around them. I've considered it to.

If your lucky to get by that stage alive, you slip into a different attitude. With me, sadly enough it has become apathy. I refuse. What happened to the intelligent girl we had who was constantly pulling 90's, My teachers, my parents ask, as they look at my marks, now 70's, 60's, with a few 80's thrown in whenever I slip back into scholar mode. Where did she go?

I'll tell you were. She QUIT. she HAD ENOUGH. The marks in my Advanced Chemistry class are in the fiftys and we're all pretty smart. Its not because we don't understand the stuff, with most people It's becasue we gave up caring. And thats the worst way to go guys. The very worst way to go. Three projects due on Tuesday, and they were assigned on Monday? Like hell I'm going to do them. When the School board looks at the failing marks of Honours students there going to realize something is wrong. Maybe then they'll relize that they've ruined us all.


SOOOO..... Now that you've read that happy rant, don't you feel positive :):) Forage on ahead... if you dare.

Signing off, feeling refreshed at blatently dissing the Alberta school system,
Coraminta.

© Copyright 2003 Coraminta (UN: fire_spinner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Coraminta has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/222283-Stress