*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/224889-Parents
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #214850
An evolution in years
#224889 added February 2, 2003 at 2:58am
Restrictions: None
Parents
I honestly don't get my parents at times. They bitch me out when someone calls and wakes them up, but when they get home from a concert at midnight it's perfectly ok for them to turn on the stereo, get the dog barking and start talking loudly. *hmmmm* It's not like anyone might be ASLEEP at the oh-so-early hour of MIDNIGHT. Dear Blessed Lady - it's not like it was bad enough that it took me nearly an hour and a half to get to sleep, but then they had to go and wake me up.

So, I go downstairs and calmly ask if they could please stop the dog from barking because it woke me up. Alora smiled and patronizingly said "oh, did we wake you up?" *hates it when people patronize her*

So I go back upstairs, alora chuckling behind me... AT me. And crawl back into bed, praying that this would be one of those miraculous nights when I wake up but still...somehow... manage to fall right back asleep. Well, no such luck, since I'm NOT one of those people who can fall asleep in 10 minutes - not to mention that they proceed to go into the room which has a paper thin wall between thier room and mine and TURN THE FUCKING T.V. ON LOUDLY. My GOD. Have they no respect?! If I were to wake up and start blaring the stereo at midnight they'd have my fucking head. Yet they can do it to me?!

So the TV finally turns off, and I think "thank the goddess, I can finally sleep". Nope - that same paperthin wall happens to let EVERY noise in... and when I say every, I mean it. So I'm lying there in bed trying to force myself asleep, when I start hearing... shall I say "heated panting"?

I got up (noisily - like they'd notice anyway) and came downstairs. I'm not going back up there for a while.

All they've ever told me is that respect has to be earned. That if I show them respect, they'll show me respect. Well, I've been pretty damn respectful - I have come in at midnight from babysitting jobs, emptied the dishwasher (quietly) and gone to bed and never ONCE woken them up. I consider this a grave disrespect to me, and I'll be damned if I continue to show them the same respect I have been - not until they get it into their heads that it is NOT appropriate to start blasting music in a house that most likely has a person who's asleep.


As if I wasn't exhausted enough as it was.

~~Sarah

© Copyright 2003 Kgirlfae ~ Wanting (UN: kgirlfae at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kgirlfae ~ Wanting has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/224889-Parents