*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/240519-Encounters-with-small-minded-people
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#240519 added May 7, 2003 at 2:01am
Restrictions: None
Encounters with small-minded people
Hey to whomever,
I've been thinking as usual. That's an amazing thing, isn't it? Anyways, there's been a lot of stuff, but I think I'll actually write about what this journal was made for. The encounters with trouble that I have with being my true self around others this time. I have no clue what I've written about Kat, explaining where she stands. Okay, read the last few entries. Kat is very avid about supporting people and their choice of sexuality. Which, it's really nice. Anyways, she's been around my "friends" Sean and Tiff when I haven't. She told me that, coincidently, the weekend before I told her I was bisexual... they started talking about me. Sean was telling Tiff we'd had "one" in our "group". Meaning we'd had someone who liked the same sex in our group of friends. First of all, I never NEVER told Sean. Amanda was the one who did that because she had to have someone to talk to about her drama in handling it. Well, Tiff guesses everyone but me. Sean asks Kat who she thinks it is and she says me, process of elimination here guys. And when Sean says yes... Tiff starts really freaking out and Sean's agreeing with her while Kat's just sitting there. Then Tiff and Sean start getting curious why Kat isn't freaking out and acting like it's a big deal. She simply tells them that it isn't a big deal, that it was my choice, and if so... so be it. They couldn't believe her and she and Sean kinda got into a lil bit of a fight over it. She didn't even know at the time if it was still true or what.
Now, time for another story.
Tiff was going on and on about how this woman she works with is a lesbian. First of all, Kat asks her how she knows. Tiff says it's because the woman refuses to date another man, has had a woman roommate for a long time, and they have a child. Kat and I both are thinking "okay, that still really doesn't prove anything" but we let Tiff go on. She announces that the worst part about working with the woman was that the woman was NICE to her. Kat and I started having fun with this. Kat was asking her "so, what if she just wanted to be your friend?" And Tiff went into how she could be friends with a gay guy but never with a lesbian. This was when I told her that yes, the woman she works with just wanted to take Tiff home to her partner and molest her! Tie her up with ropes and have some FUN with her. Tiff by this time has her ears covered and is saying "no no no" and Kat adds in "And they're gonna start from the bottom and go up!!" After Tiff finally removes her hands from her ears, Kat asks her "what if one of your best friends was a lesbian, what would you do?" And Tiff just said "But you're not... you're straight" "Sure?" "Positive..." Kat then reaches out and starts rubbing Tiff's arm/wrist/hand very gently while looking at her like 'I want you' and says "How do you really know?" The look that came over Tiff's face was priceless. The rest of the night, Kat had Tiff freaked out. It was great.
Anyways, there are more things I wanna write about, but I don't really have the time. I'm really sleepy. Bed time for me.

© Copyright 2003 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/240519-Encounters-with-small-minded-people