*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/240537
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fantasy · #539038
I'm beginng to update again, so look forward to more stories!
#240537 added May 20, 2003 at 2:51am
Restrictions: None
Day Thirty (Edited)
         Koenma met us at the door. Once all of us were seated, we proceeded to start the meeting. Only two 'Gods' were there. Shiyou Ruyuki and Koenma. Their faces were grave and serious. "There can be no doubt that this is the work of the man who employs Rumen," Shiyou Ruyuki said.
         "That idiot again?" Yusuke asked.
         "If the Daughter and the Angel were provoked," Shiyou was looking at me.
         "We buried them a long time ago, Shiyou. Even if they were provoked it would take something massive and not a thing Rumen and his cronies could do," I replied.
         "What if it were Him acting through Rumen and his colleagues?" Koenma asked.
         "The Dark One? With the help of his Entity that could be possible," Kurama answered before I could.
         "But not without controlling the Demon population. That is not his style at all," Hiei interjected, surprising us all.
         "What do you mean?"
         "He's not a human or anything ordinary. He's a Demon Lord," Hiei said.
         "And would you care to elaborate how you know that?" I said sarcastically.
         He looked at me square in the eye. The only reason he was here, his eyes reminded me, was because he had been forced to and he would not divulge any more information than neccesary. One look from Kurama and Koenma cured it, particularly with Koenma holding the Death stamp in his hand. (I know, I'm bullying him a lot *Wink*).
         "I was once given a mission to steal something from him. I went to the guy's house. I think he was recovering from a fight or something; he was cursing and swearing. If you know what to avoid, you could see that he was a Demon Lord. Not a Kitsune, though. I think he was something else," Hiei said.
         I let loose a string of curses. All of them were looking at me with blanched faces, and so we didn't realize that we had someone else in the room with us.
         "You're slipping, Karen. You used to be able to recite them without missing anything," a voice said.
         "Mistress," I turned and knelt to Reka, who in the Greek Mythology is known as Celeste, the Goddess of Death (my own creation *Wink*), daughter of Hades and Perspehone.
         "How long ago was that, Hiei-san?" Celeste asked.
         "Four years ago," he said.
         Celeste turned to look at me. She had one eyebrow raised. "He was irritating the hell out of us, Celeste," I said, looking righteous, "He was making us run around putting out fires!" I pouted.
         Everyone was looking at me as though I was a sulky child (which, come to think of it, I was, at this point in time). Celeste was shaking her head. Kurama asked the next question, "What exactly happened?"
         "Yes, please tell us, Karen. I don't know what happened either," Celeste said plesantly. I sweat-dropped as everyone looked at me expectantly.
         I shrugged. "What can I say? Nothing really happened, just that he was looking for things that he shouldn't," I said.
         There was a short chime, indicating that the guys and I were to leave if we were going to catch our flight. Like it or not, Koenma and Celeste were going to have to be satisfied with that explantion.

© Copyright 2003 Karen Rump (UN: priestess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Karen Rump has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/240537