*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/251598-Togetherness
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#251598 added July 31, 2003 at 5:33pm
Restrictions: None
Togetherness
So, here I am, early this afternoon, sitting down at my computer to catch up on a few things and add a page or 2 to my novel. Out of no where, my little brother hollers up the stairs to me, and asks what I’m doing and if he can come up. I said sure. Up the starts he comes, and asks if I want to go job hunting with him. Well, I think I may have found one, waiting to hear on it. But I figured hey, what the heck. He doesn’t come around very often…and when he does, it is usually not to spend time with me. So, I got in the car with him, and off we went. For those of you who don’t know, except for a few weeks here and there, Chuck hasn’t lived with us in almost 6 years. He and I never got along until about November or so, and then we really hit it off, and we have become close. So, I am always glad to see him, and spend time with him. The fact that he came over here to ask if I wanted to go with him is a really big deal. I’m touched.

And, I really needed that today. I deal with things daily that are difficult. Not overly horrifying, but difficult for me anyway. So, to have him stop by and kidnap me is a really big deal. He rescued me and I didn’t even have to call him to do so!!!!

So anyways….how are things here. Well, I put in a job application 2 days ago, went for an interview yesterday, and have to be back there at 3pm today to find out if I got the job for sure. I used to work there- like 6 years ago- and when I quit, I just walked out. But they really really want me, and are asking special permission from the owner to rehire me. I guess my degree may finally be put to work, and I might get a little bit back from all of that schooling after all. And the degree and experience are what they are after from me. So, we shall see. Oh, a bonus of having this job, it is where Joey works.

Other than looking for a job, and running away about once or twice a day, not much else is new. Still missing my friends, but trying to deal, ya know? It is good to miss people, but I still have friends and a life here too. I might as well hang out with them, and enjoy them while I’m here.

Okay, well, I am going to get running. I don’t think I should show up to this job thing today in ripped jeans and a tie die tank top. Then again……….I don’t know if it would matter to them. If they want me, they want me. If they don’t, they don’t.

Take care all, and know that I’m thinking about all of you….

Lots of love,
Beckie

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/251598-Togetherness