*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/253891-First-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#253891 added August 21, 2003 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
First Day
First Day of College.

I woke up 30 minutes early as usual. I always seem to do that when I'm anxious or nervous about something. Just glad I could sleep and that I didn't wake up hours early. I had my stuff ready to go last night.

I left here at 8:05 even tho my first class was at 9. I thought parking would be hell. It's rumored to be. But, once I got there, the parking lot that was the most convient for me...it was compartively empty. It took me about 10 minutes to get there and to park, I was like "jeez" so I read Douglas Adam's Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy for the next 15-20 minutes. Found my 10 o'clock class then walked to the other building. There were a bunch of us out there waiting. I think there's prolly 200 in that class. The professor kinda reminds me of one of my favorite teachers. Professor Daniels, she told us that she wasn't from the south and she wasn't going to sugar coat things cause we knew how yankees were so if we had a problem with the way yankees acted then we'd better transfer classes and take it under some other lady who was born in Mississippi. I had to think "2 and a half years of dating a yankee... k.... I'm good to go!!!" She's been there for 20 years.

My Psychology class was interesting. The man... oo, I can't even begin to spell his last name. But he's kinda got an unusual sense of humor, but it's really enjoyable. He's been there 30 years, so he's kinda older. His class seems like it'd be kinda strict, but really fun. He's the only one who had the textbook as being optional, lol. There are about 175 people in there, guessing...maybe more, maybe less.

The Sociology class. Well, I'm still trying to gather an opinion. I think the guy is kinda like Coach Creekmore and you just have to get to know him some to like him. But he doesn't seem as strict as the Psych Professor. He's got a monotone voice so of course his tests/quizzes come mostly from his lectures. And he had to make us get new books, brand new.

Overall, it was exhausting and I'm glad to be back to somewhere that it's more peaceful. I'll have to do lots of stuff, but that's the great thing about where I'm living. There aren't many distractions at all. It's quiet. And since there's not much to do in Starkville, there's not much temptation. No noisy neighbors and I don't have any friends here yet. I'm not in a big rush to make any. I'll pick them.

The other night, I talked to one girl, she was from South America. She was a junior. But anyways, she invites me to go some event, I think it was for the Baptist church. I, no, don't think so. I've found that sometimes the ones that have the hardest time accepting homosexuals are christians. I am NOT saying that they won't. I know better. Some of the people who accepted me the easiest were christians. Kat's Catholic, Fetty's a Unitiarian Universalist, Shorty's a Baptist. But, I'd prefer to avoid going to an event where I constantly have the thought in the back of my mind that they are going to attack me with crosses and holy water while shouting random things at me if they find out that I'm bisexual and dating a girl. I just got away from a small southern town in the bible belt that was filled with Church of Christ members. I hate to offend anyone who is Church of Christ and isn't like this, but, common observation of the ones I was surrounded by... they were the ones that drove me nuts the most.

I probably should try to go to what few things I was told to do....go ahead and get them over with instead of waiting.

© Copyright 2003 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/253891-First-Day