*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/254550-Good-movies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#254550 added August 27, 2003 at 2:34am
Restrictions: None
Good movies
I watched one of the best movies on Sunday. It's called The Truth About Jane. It's older and I'm very sadded I missed it. I think it was made in 2001, just the time where I really needed a movie or something like that in my life.
For those of you haven't watched it, here's basically what it's about. A 15 year old girl goes through all the stages of realizing that you are homosexual or bisexual. It shows her confusion, how she's always felt different, how it feels right for her to be with a girl. Then it shows how other people can be, how lonely it can be, how you feel isolated at times, and how it is when one's parent(s) don't take it well. It's a wonderful movie as far as the realistic emotions, I felt that way and I got told some of the same things her parents told her by mine.
I love the main character, Jane. Love the actress who plays her, Ellen Muth (Showtime - Dead Like Me's George).

I had sort of a conflict however, I was at home this weekend, with my parents, both of which were up and moving at the time when this movie came on. That was really hard on me cause I really wanted to watch the movie for fairly obvious reasons. But I couldn't show too much interest because of my parents. Afterall, they've accused me once since the whole Jenna thing of being gay and yes, with Sarah. And my dad really did not like me meeting her this summer, so yeah... it's like they kinda know something is up. My mom did watch the movie and showed real interest in it. She wanted to see what happened to the girl. And you know, it kinda made me mad, cause there she was saying it was wrong for her mom to react to her daughter being a lesbian when it wasn't THAT far off from what my mom had told me. But, I think the only reason my mom cared so much was cause of how my dad was freaking out. My dad however, he wakes up during the part of the movie where Jane's mom goes to a PFLAG meeting and the people are introducing themselves and telling if their son or daughter is gay/lesbian. He starts in with "how much longer does this shi* have? why the hell are we watching this? is anyone actually watching this crap?" And the whole time, he has his lil whiny smart ass disgusted voice... the one I've heard all my life... ergh geez. I wanted to, merh... be good. Ok, so, it really made me mad.

Another good movie about sexuality is Kissing Jessica Stein. There's the part where her mom looks at her and just says "she's a really nice girl Jess" and confirms that she does know they are dating.... aww man, that part... her mom just accepts it so easily. It makes me tear up how easily her mom and her family accepts it. I want that. But, I don't see it happening. It kinda sucks how Jessica is though, I mean... meh... okay... maybe this is just me. But being with a girl never bothered me at all as far as touching and being touched by a girl. It was always something very natural to me. This summer, with Sarah...that was natural to me.

And I was looking for some form of a support group cause I really think that would help me out in the future. Well, Mississippi is the only state that does not seem to have an formal organized group. Ole Miss has a gay straight alliance, does MSU? No. That really bites...they have one in Birmingham... I might go there.

Seems like there was something else along these subject lines I was going to write, but I don't remember and I don't really have time to sit around and try to remember. Maybe it'll come to me later. Goodnight! AHH! I do remember, it has to with my dad, faults, and the speeding ticket I got... will write tomorrow.

© Copyright 2003 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/254550-Good-movies