*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/266082-Why-this-assumption
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#266082 added November 14, 2003 at 3:19pm
Restrictions: None
Why this assumption?
At my last meeting, we talked about the little clause that most schools have. "There is no discrimination based on gender, race, religion, blah blah blah." Well, MSU didn't have "sexual orientation" until this spring. (I didn't know this, cause when I started applying and stuff, it was there) But, anyways, now they've had a couple of higher ranking religious people in the state and say that they weren't going to make contributions to the school due to them "advertising" for homosexuals to come to MSU.

The pastor who called made a comment similar to this, "Next thing, you'll be allowing Bestiality." Why is it that so many people think that if you allow homosexuality that the next thing will be that? Hello, at least we do like HUMANS, they just happen to be of the same sex as ourselves. Most of the people in the group, just laughed, cause the idea is ludacris. It just really is hiliarious that so many people seem to make a connection between those 2 things. There's not one, not in most cases. Most of us just joked around about it later.

Recently there was a priest who was forced resigned because he "wrote an article sympathetic to the church's confirmation of an openly gay priest as a bishop." Basically, this priest said that "God is more concerned with spirituality than sexual orientation" The link to the article that explains this in more detail is below.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/South/10/27/priest.column.ap/

If you would like to write a letter of your own, please be respectful and polite, stick to the facts, and ask that your letter be shared with the entire board. 2 main addresses:
Mr. Roby Robinson, Jr.
Chair of the Board of Trustees, Darlington School
400 Dorris Road
Crabapple, Ga 30004-3474
OR
Mr. David Hicks,
President Darlington School
1014 Cave Spring Road
Rome, Ga 30161

And now, back to the non-serious stuff of my life....
I'm talking to Halee right now. Last night, she was talking to me like she wanted to ask me out. Confused me. I don't want to. Today she just told me she does like me. Too fast. She's really good at asking me those hard-hitting questions about Sarah tho, goodness. Anyway, Halee would be another friend to have, but I want someone closer, I want someone that I can go see, I've done the long-distance thing, and don't really wanna right now. So, I told her I wanted to keep talking to her, but that I didn't want anything more right now.

She asked me if I still loved Sarah. I do, in the deepest level of my heart, I'm still in love with her. She asked me what would I do if Sarah said she wanted us to be back together. That one confuses me. If she wanted to be back together... maybe saying no would be a huge mistake. But, the more I think about it... What will be, will be. And if that happened, then that would mean that she really really honestly cared about me, and I believe that if you care about someone and want to be with them that much. If you have the slightest chance and they ask for time, then you should give them the time. (There does come a point where you should move on, because if they don't see that you're a great person, then you need someone who does.) Anyways... so... yeah. Sarah will always have part of my heart, she was the first person that I really truly loved. First true love.

Now I have to go to this concert.
People have laughed at me all day cause I've been cold. It's like snowing or below 32 where they've been. Dude, it was like 80 Tuesday and now it's 50? It's a shock to one's system... goodness. Brrr, anyways, time to go, I'm prolly gonna be underdressed... I'll take a sweater too.

Yeah, I so missed posting this yesterday. I went to that concert, had full intentions of coming back, posting this, writing my concert review. No, came back, and had a sleep attack... I slept from 10 until 8:20 this morning. The day before, I went to bed at 12ish and slept til about 10. Why so much sleep lately? I have no clue.

I think Halee called me about 4 times last night. *sighs* I don't like that. I really don't. I was barely asleep and she'd call... I just let it ring. Then when Fetty called, whom, I woulda gotten up and talked to... I had already conditioned myself just to ignore my cell. There are certain people who can call, and I'll get up and talk to. Mostly my close friends. But, I'm not gonna get up for someone I don't hardly know unless I just really really really like them. I don't know if that could be considered mean or not. I still wanna call Fetty and see why he called. Perhaps I will in a few minutes cause I know he is at home.

I'm sure she'll call again within the next 10-15 minutes. I don't mind talking to her, but.. let's think about this. I'm not much of a phone person to start with. Sarah rarely called because of the circumstances. I've had... what... 3 months that I've lived by myself... the phone rarely ever rings and I've gotten used to it. Oh... yeah, my cell is out in my car. And I'm waiting for my jeans to be dry, goodness.

The gay camp thing is this weekend, they leave in about 5 minutes. Amanda is going. *sad face* I'm not. I don't know tho...don't think I'm ready to go be around them for like 3 days. I can handle a couple of hours. It takes me a while to trust people, I told that point blank to Halee last night... that I didn't trust her yet. *shrugs* Was the truth. It takes me a lot now to open up. Anyways... perhaps I'll do something mildly entertaining this weekend. I kinda just wanna go home, it seems like forever since I've been home, though it hasn't been.

Mmm, pretty weather here, I love it. Next weekend I'm gonna go see Shorty I do believe. Soooo, lol, my parents get to keep Flip, haha. Maybe none of you, but April and Shorty know who Flip is... but... HAHA, THEY GET THE EVIL KITTY!!!

Anyways, I'm gonna see if I can choose another psych experiment to be in, something productive, maybe I'll go ahead and print out my math sheets.

© Copyright 2003 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/266082-Why-this-assumption