*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275065-You-finally-said-the-L-word-late-as-usual
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Book · Comedy · #809936
Frustrations with the Cat and Mouse game of dating and love.
#275065 added March 27, 2004 at 11:33am
Restrictions: None
You finally said the "L" word, late as usual
I heard the tears roll into the tiny mic on his cell phone and the sniffles of his words as he choked out “how did I lose you” and “I love you” in sentences that ran together and faded at the ends with the Vodka’s help. I couldn’t hear his voice, all I heard was his pain, trapped in that bottle of uneasy liquid that his water sign so desperately seeks. “I felt peace with you. You inspire me. You help me do things I would not normally do”. Those words meant nothing to me now, a day late, resounding in my ear in that dark living room I had slept alone for months, wishing he were there. Funny how this 3 am call only comes when my eye has begun to wander. Will we ever meet on the same day, in the same place?

Morning Pages 12-03
"Creativity is the willingness to express emotion and the ability to explore it without perfection."
© Copyright 2004 L Mckiernan (UN: lrmckiernan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L Mckiernan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275065-You-finally-said-the-L-word-late-as-usual