*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275067-Open-Open-OPEN
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Book · Comedy · #809936
Frustrations with the Cat and Mouse game of dating and love.
#275067 added February 13, 2004 at 3:44am
Restrictions: None
Open, Open, OPEN!
Each day my analytical mind gathers data, intakes the present and compares it to the past, seeking the answer to the huge bell curve outside the standard deviation and asking myself the famous question that defines my life; “what broke that made this process go awry?” It was almost as if it happened all in one day, one moment maybe, where you became blotted out and all of your senses seemed to have stopped working. The sense of sound left first, when I started seeing you drift farther and farther away with each word I spoke. The sense of touch vanished. The man I briefly knew, the one that was fascinated by our embrace, taken by the discovery of each other naked and the desire to be close to lips, skin; even the option of a real hug seemed to just go away. The magnetic field of attraction disappeared and I felt as if I were standing in the famous Mervyns’s commercial, outside that huge pane of glass begging “open, open, open”. I thought talking about it would help at least my own mind to grasp what had happened, but in reality it just allowed you to slip-slide away, even further.

Creativity is the willingness to express emotion and the ability to explore it without perfection.
© Copyright 2004 L Mckiernan (UN: lrmckiernan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L Mckiernan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275067-Open-Open-OPEN