*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275068-Fitting-into-the-hole-she-left-in-your-heart
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Book · Comedy · #809936
Frustrations with the Cat and Mouse game of dating and love.
#275068 added March 27, 2004 at 11:35am
Restrictions: None
Fitting into the hole she left in your heart...
Maybe the mere fact is that you are trying desperately to fit someone into the shape of that hole that the last one left in your heart; to no avail, because you open your eyes and realize in the most inopportune times, that I am not a fit. Maybe it is more simple, like the fact that you have had a girlfriend for every single moment since puberty, and you just need to find you, without another half that you think you are missing. Maybe it is more shallow, maybe now that there are no new friends to see your newest trophy, now that the whole gang you base your identity on, has already chalked up the points of your man-hood on the tribal score card, there is no more to prove. Maybe your intense looking and listening finally saw behind the exterior of me and located something that you just can’t live with. Maybe I’ll never know, but one thing is for sure; you have made it abundantly clear that it will remain none of my business.

Creativity is the willingness to express emotion and the ability to explore it without perfection.
© Copyright 2004 L Mckiernan (UN: lrmckiernan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
L Mckiernan has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275068-Fitting-into-the-hole-she-left-in-your-heart