*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275374-August-27-2003-tidbit
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
August 27, 2003: tidbit

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter


Welcome to the Noticing Newbies Newsletter! Our goal is to showcase some of our newest Writing.Com Authors and their items. From poetry and stories to creative polls and interactives, we'll bring you a wide variety of items to enjoy. We will also feature "how to" advice and items that will help to jump start the creation process on Writing.com.

We hope all members of the site take the time to read, rate, review and welcome our new authors. By introducing ourselves, reviewing items and reaching out, we will not only make them feel at home within our community, we just might make new friends!


*Star* This week's editor is yesnomaybe .

Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor


noticing newbies - newsletter header


Hey everybody! *Smile*

Welcome to the the Writing.Com Noticing Newbies Newsletter! *Smile* If you’re a newbie and haven’t already, please visit our "Noticing Newbies forum to introduce yourself and meet other newbies, and/or "Writing.Com General Discussion to chat with other members about a variety of topics. Either forum is a good place to mingle with your fellow Writing.Com members.

This week, I've asked a good friend and fellow moderator, Melissa is fashionably late! , to write a little piece about the upcoming Writing.Com 3rd Birthday Celebration... so without further ado, here's Melissa! *Smile*

*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*

With the second annual Writing.Com convention just passed us, we now look ahead to the celebration of Writing.Com's turning 3 years old!

It was a year ago on the 23rd of August that I joined this wonderful site; just following last year's convention in Baltimore, MD and just before the 2-year celebration extravaganza. Now, this year, I've attended the 2nd annual convention and was able to see the candles blown out on the cake! How exciting!!!

To give everyone an idea about how big of a deal 3 years is in the world of cyber-space, there aren't many sites out there that even reach the caliber of Writing.Com. And those that have tried wereN't able to even make it half as far.

Writing.Com started off as a small, experimental interactive stories website in 2000. By August, a clearly defined theme for the site started to emerge. Stories.Com officially opened its doors as a Writer’s community on August 30, 2000.

Members joined right away. Many have stayed since joining. Authors like VelvetCat , animatqua, catwoman , kenn , and medea have been with the site since August 30, 2000.

Names like amalie, kalai , Zoo - Salted and Roasted , ladystetson, missbiggs, angel3313, ricciardo, rain_goddess , jesse, Amber Leigh , and superzero have graced the site since day 2. Their anniversaries are August 31!

Stories.Com grew over the next two years, gaining more and more loyal members every day. It was very clear to The StoryMaster and his cohort in crime, The StoryMistress that they really had something special.

In August of 2002, the very first Stories.Com convention was held in Baltimore, MD. It was clearly a good time, as detailed by many of the attendees in stories and articles written about the experience. I missed that convention by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin, as I joined just after its close, on August 23, 2002.

I wasn’t too late to take part in the second birthday celebrations, though. Contests upon contests were thrown, Stories.Com users changed their handles to reflect the birthday, and all kinds of fun were to be had that first week of September 2002. While I was still new, I couldn’t help but be
excited. The atmosphere here is contagious!

Every day, new features and enhancements were being released. The site grew so fast, that in September of 2002 a new web server had to be added to the mix! The best announcement of all came in early December, when the Storymaster proudly announced our new name: Writing.Com! ("PLEASE READ: Important News!)

On midnight of January 1, 2003, Stories.Com officially became Writing.Com. The new logo was unveiled and many of us stayed in and up to see the wonderful change. I was one of the many proud members to stay up and cheer in the New Year, and a new name for a place I’d already called home for months. It was an exciting moment for the site, for sure.

Since then, many other exciting things have taken place. Writing.Com had its 2nd annual convention in August 2003. I was one of the lucky ones to attend and get to meet so many people I’d been talking to for almost a year, and new faces and names as well. The convention was something special, and cannot be measured in mere words. Anybody who has the chance to go to next years, I highly recommend it. It’s worth every penny!

The next step in Writing.Com history is to turn 3 years old. Many people will be celebrating their own Writing.Com anniversaries at this time, be it 3 years, 2 years, 1 year, just a few months, or even a day or two. Regardless of the amount of time many of us have been here, we know how special this site is and has become to us.

As we continue to grow, and The StoryMaster continues to make an already great site even better every day, I'd like to thank all of our newest members for helping to keep this site an ever-growing, ever-changing place. Without you, it isn't possible for growth to happen!

Thank you to yesnomaybe for allowing me to share a newsletter with you. It’s not every week that we get to celebrate a birthday as special as this one!

Thanks!
Melissa is fashionably late!

*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*

And thank you, Melissa, for your insight into the Writing.Com Birthday Celebration. Now, on the the business at hand... let's notice some newbies!


Editor's Picks


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*Highlighting Newbie Items
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736004 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736027 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#737424 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736115 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736230 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736242 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736262 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736610 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Not Quite Death  (ASR)
Ari has one last day in this life...
#736600 by Karen Bristow


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736625 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#738443 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#738505 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#738463 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#736683 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
*Star*
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#737857 by Not Available.


 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*Highlighting Newbie Portfolios
Please give some of our newest members a visit. I'm sure you'll be glad you did and they will appreciate it as well! *Smile*

*Star* cerianwen

*Star* venom87

*Star* beautiful402

*Star* Alexandria Pittman

*Star* versago

*Star* rosytiger04

*Star* artzchic

*Star* Chippy Chi

*Star* poetnj

*Star* ranne2ee

*Star* risky

*Star* melody2929

*Star* amitd.

*Star* yangja

*Star* wshep214

*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*Special Newbie Stuff!
Don't forget about our Noticing Newbies contest!
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#622871 by Not Available.


Want to be featured in the Noticing Newbies Newsletter?
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#718807 by Not Available.


*Bullet*~~*Bullet*~~*Bullet*
Do you have a question or comment for the editor? You may fill out the feedback link below or email me or any of my fellow newsletter editors. We'd love to hear from you!

Pita
bianca_b
amawitch

Thanks for reading the Writing.com Noticing Newbies Newsletter. Until next time... keep writing! *Bigsmile*


 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 02-02-04 @ 1:39am | Modified: 02-02-04 @ 1:39am      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/275374-August-27-2003-tidbit