*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277217-The-Big-Secret
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#277217 added March 19, 2004 at 6:27pm
Restrictions: None
The Big Secret
Monday,

Mews, Dear Human,

Mewma and Pawpa have a secret surprise for me. Pawpa brought the surprise home in the wagon a few days ago, and now it is hiding in his workshop in the barn, and I have been forbidden to go in there. It is a big surprise, almost as big as a horse. But it couldn’t be a horse, because it didn’t move. I have heard pawpa pounding and sanding and working on the surprise all week.

It has been really hard to go to school this week.

Saturday,

Mews, Dear Human,

I got up early this morning, and after a yummy breakfast I started to help mewma clean up in the kitchen. To my surprise, she told me not to worry about the dishes that she would do them. Then she asked me to go and dust the parlor. I thought perhaps we were going to have company. I love to have company. I love it when my Aunties and Uncles and Cousins all come to visit.

I hurried into the parlor and stopped dead in my tracks. There was a piano! It was a beautiful old upright piano, and there was a big sign on it that said, “For Mimeenah, From Pawpa and Mewma.” I ran over and sat down and ran my paws gently over the beautiful ivory keys. Then I played a little song that I made up.

I was so excited! “My very own piano,” I thought. “I have my very own piano!” Mewma and Pawpa were quite happy too. They say I have natural talent. And I am to have piano lessons also. This is so cool. Having a piano is even better than having a horse.

Now Primmy has her garden, Shazon has her horse, and I have my piano.

Purrs, Mim

© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277217-The-Big-Secret