*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277393-The-Mookruh-Festival
Rated: E · Book · Animal · #800641
My book. Does it have any possiblities, or not?
#277393 added March 19, 2004 at 6:25pm
Restrictions: None
The Mookruh Festival
Mews, Dear Human

Today was the Mookruh Festival, and we had a school holiday. The Mookruh Festival takes place in midwinter. The Mookruh came from Shelakovenia, our sister planet. It grows wild in the bogs around here, and is harvested and made into Mookruh champagne and Mookruh Cola.

This year the Festival was held in San Kata, the capital of Catuary. I went with my friends Primmy and Shazon. There were crowds and crowds of other cats there. After the long ride into town, the first place we went was to the Mookruh Soda Shop. We all had Mookruh floats with catnip ice cream.

Then we went to the Mookruh Mall, which was set up especially for the Festival. There were so many things to see. We each chose a hat for the Festival. Everycat wears a hat at the Mookruh Festival. We gave each other stone tokens from the Crimson Lake. I chose lovely turquoise stones for both Primmy and Shazon. The stones stand for friendship and courage. Shazon gave me a lovely lavender pink stone that stands for wisdom. She says I will need wisdom someday. Sometimes Shazon surprises me with her insights. She gave Primmy a dark blue stone for good health. Primmy gave both of us purple love stones. Then she hugged us each and said she hoped we would never forget her love. We three have promised to be friends forever.

Afterwards, we went and had our fur painted. Primmy had a primrose painted on her forepaw, and Shazon got a horse. I finally decided on a unicorn. I felt so important having my fur painted for the first time.

I wanted to ask Sister Catrisha, the fortune teller, a question, but Shazon was in a hurry to get a seat for the Hovercat Craft races, so we didn’t stop. The races were quite exciting. The race ends the Festival. And it also ended a lovely day.

Purrs, Little Mim


© Copyright 2004 Cynaemon (UN: noelanicat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cynaemon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277393-The-Mookruh-Festival