*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292521-PIGS
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#292521 added May 29, 2004 at 11:04pm
Restrictions: None
PIGS!!!
*Angry* Oh if only there was a rainbow color'd font!! "My dad and my mom's best friend just really pissed me off. They both always make prejudiced comments and that pisses me off to start with. But here's the deal. We were watching The Rock and during one part of it, this guy is threatening to blow up the San Fran Bay area. Well, my mom's best friend is like "they should go ahead and do it, it's just full of gays anyways" and my dad says "yeah, I've thought that too when I've watched this movie" she replies with "yeah, should be gay bay." They go on further. She the says that California is gonna break off and sink into the ocean because there are so many gays there. And that it should break off because it'd kill a lot of the queers. My dad readily agrees to this. I shook my head and he's all like "what?" and I just didn't say anything.

What was the point of saying anything? Anyways, my mom changed the subject. These are the days that I realize I really do love my mom in some ways. She's asked me before what I'd do if one of my cousins turned out to be gay, I'm fine with it obviously. She's always seemed to feel the same... but, ya know... that'd be a cousin and not me. It's someone else's kid.

Of course, their latest ploy has been to get me to vote for bush and I refuse to. I'm sorry, I will not vote for bush, it's that simple.

I also saw a political cartoon with the state of Mass. where it was done like a fresh burial plot and on the headstone it has "Traditional Family Values R.I.P." oh and you'd better bet I was fuming about that when I saw it.

Overall, they have their right to say whatever they wish...or draw whatever. I know this. But it does hurt when the people are so close to you. Then again, perhaps I should be somewhat used to it. I should be somewhat prepared for the fact my parents will not agree with how I feel. No matter what you tell yourself, it always stings.

*sighs* I think I'm gonna go to bed soon, it's the best thing for me to do probably cause right now, I can't really stand to sit in the same room as them.

It's completely wrong to me to wish that any certain group of people be killed just because you don't agree with them. I hate that attitude and always will. That was exactly the type of attitude they just displayed. That was strike 1, strike 2 was personal.

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/292521-PIGS