*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/297968-A-year-ago-today
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#297968 added July 11, 2004 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
A year ago today
Today I realized it was the 11th of July. I was trying to think why this date stands out in my head. It's not anyone's birthday that I know. But alas, a year ago today, I was in Washington. A year ago today, I was with Sarah... or perhaps it'd be a few hours from now and we were watching League of Extraoridinary Gentlemen. And tonight? Yes, tonight will mark a year since I kissed her, since I kissed the first girl ever. Tonight will mark the night I came back in, sat in a public place holding her hands, and it being so damn obvious that I was that happy.

And I can't help but wonder if she even remembers or if she even gives a damn. I'm sure she doesn't remember. I can't help but wonder, haha, if I really was a terrible kisser or not since she never would say. And I can't help but remember her asking me how she kissed and me being honest with her and her getting upset with me for being honest after she'd told me she didn't want me to make it seem better than it really was because of my feelings for her.

I also remember how I was bouncing up and down all night afterwards and how I'd called Lily to talk, even though it was about midnight. How Lily proudly announced she'd have to tell her mom and that shocking me.

And now, I remember thinking after we broke up how sad I would be today. How I would feel so much....but...ironically... I'm still happy and I'm excited. Who would have guessed? I wouldn't have, but like I said, I really am happy even with thinking of the things that happened.

It's funny how we humans are with love... you love with your all, especially with your first love, and then, when your heart's been smashed, you get back up and love again.

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/297968-A-year-ago-today