*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/298286-March-24-2003
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #470704
Things I find myself only able to express in words and in this journal - welcome!
#298286 added July 13, 2004 at 4:08pm
Restrictions: None
March 24, 2003


This is someting I found in my room a few days ago and I thought I'd share...I think some of my views have changed since this time... March 24, 2003
Theory of "Love"

"All's fair in love and war." The famous quote heard throught time. Is it really true? When it is thought about, there are certain similar traits. In war, people will die for someone else or die protecting their values, beliefs, and ideas. In love, people will die for the person they love or die trying to protect that person from any and all evils. When someone falls in love or war, they always are remembered. There is a certain idea that anything goes when it comes to war, and in most incidences, this is true. There are no hard-core rules for war, however there are certain common practices for war. There are norms and mores in way. In love, a person really can do anything they want. The can cheat or lie. There is nothing that limits love and nothing that can stop love where it exists. And most people choose to practice the norms of love, just as in war. However just as war hurts, so can love.

"Love is a many splendid thing." Love is one of the greatest forces in the world. It is one thing that makes life worth living for. And remember there are different forms of love and each is powerful in its own way. Not all love comes from one person and not all love is only reserved for one person. There is also love for things. And this is not meant to mean superficial love for material things, instead, these things can be nature in all its forms. Though love is such a grand thing, it still can hurt. Nature can turn against the people, as we have all watched when a natural disaster occurs. People can aslo turn against others. And these turns make love seem unworthy, when it is not.

"Love Hurts." This is very true. Everyone that you love or that loves you will hurt you. It is a matter of time before they do. This sounds harsh and pessimistic, I realize. However, if one realizes that even if someone hurts you, it might not be on purpose. People make mistakes and often do selfish things that hurt the people they truly care about and love the most. This is a part of human nature. Part of what I try to fight against, the internal selfishness that only wants to put one's self first. When someone you love hurts you, ask yourself if they really meant to. See if they realize their mistake. And if they truly do love you, they will feel much remorse and regret from hurting you. This is the time where one must see into their soul and feel their heart. One must decided if the person which caused the pain is worth forgiving. Hurt is a part of love and life. It is a deep and dreadful emotion to feel. And at this point, let me make sure those reading this know that only a certain amount of pain is worth going through and remaining with the same person. The pain that causes one to suffer for years must be handled differently. However, if love and life did not contain pain, how would we ever know how great love can be? If no pain existed, the good things in life would not be as great, roses would not smell as sweet, instead everything would be bland. Hurt is essential just as love is essential.

For those of you who wonder about the pain that causes one to suffer for years; In order to get over this pain, you must first really understand what happened. Then you must understand how each event played a role in your life. It's much like trying to solve a fairly complicated Algebra problem or Physics. Understand what is in front of you, understand the roles, see what you can do to change it around where you can easily work it, all the while you can't get mad at yourself and loose concentration nor can you get mad that the numbers are there...they will exist in that form until you solve it.

© Copyright 2004 TrueSoul137 (UN: truesoul137 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TrueSoul137 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/298286-March-24-2003