*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/311692-Friday-Oct-22nd-Still-ranting--raving
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #844266
Being used for Daily Writing Challenge - if you were there you know what happened!
#311692 added October 24, 2004 at 9:28pm
Restrictions: None
Friday Oct. 22nd: Still ranting & raving
Friday October 22nd, 2004

Today is Sunday, October 24th, 2004. I am playing catch up in my journal, so I am writing as if it were Friday.

Yesterday, Thursday, October 21st, went to New Orleans to see an attorney to ask him to handle the succession for my children because their father died without a will. The last attorney wanted $70,000 to handle the succession. WE HAVE NO MONEY. It is not an extremely complicated succession. It is all spelled out in the law, it is just that the judges here have already ordered me more than once not to come into their court rooms unless I am represented by an attorney. These judges all know I can read, and read well.

I almost got thrown in jail for pointing out to a judge that the law gave me the right to represent myself. “NOT IN MY COURTROOM” was all he had to say. Another gave me a lecture about how dare I come into HIS courtroom and presume to tell him what the law says, “THIS IS MY COURTROOM. I AM THE LAW.”

Yep, these Southern judges sit behind some mighty fine, big, fancy wood desks, and violate American citizens rights day after day. The sad part is most of the good citizens just accept it, and don’t know these honorable judges are law breakers. Lawyers keep their cowardly mouths shut because they are waiting to be judges in this small one horse back ackwards town.

Personally, I think I can understand why some people decide to become terrorist.

Could I kill someone? Probably not now, as most everybody I really wanted dead is dead already. Good Lord seen to that for me.

I believe God’s justice is better than any punishment that I could ever dish out. God's justice is not swift, mind you, but it is usually worse than anything I could come up with.

Now, if any one of my sons gets killed in Iraq, I honestly don’t know what I am going to do. Don’t know who I am going to blame. I have a pretty good idea, but it will depend on too many variables to list here. I do know that I am not going to blame the poor soldiers that come to the door. I am not going to burn their van like that distraught father in Florida. All I know is that somebody better hope that I remember my faith at that very moment and for many, many moments to follow before I find a way to exact my vengeance on some deserving war whoring politician.

There was a movie that called lawyers “dung scrappers”. Seems about right.

Every one of the blood-sucking politicians is usually a lawyer first.

Given that more and more women are running and winning seats in Congress, it has occurred to me that once again the men are going to make a really huge global mess of things eventually and yes, ladies, it is going to be up to the girls to clean up their mess. This is not new news. We have been cleaning up after the fellows for centuries.

It is also a shame that some of us women have proven that we can be just as low down, dirty, double-dealing, and under-handed as the men are.

© Copyright 2004 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/311692-Friday-Oct-22nd-Still-ranting--raving