*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317365-Epilogue
Rated: 18+ · Book · Romance/Love · #915981
A small town is turned upside down when a handsome young man comes looking for his friend.
#317365 added October 19, 2006 at 6:18pm
Restrictions: None
Epilogue
It has been almost two years since Mark almost lost his life and Hickup Falls had the first excitement in its existence. If you were to visit Hickup Falls today you would have a hard time imagining Hickup Falls as a sleepy little town. Much has happened since then. I think I’ll let Mandy tell you the rest of the story.

Mark made a full recovery, although he is still very sensitive to the cold. He has to protect his hands and feet at all times. He and Vickie moved to Hickup Falls. Tommy and Heather have become very close to the Singletons and their children.

You’re probably wondering what happened to Gill and his friends. Gill was found guilty of four counts of first degree murder; three counts of attempted murder, several counts of theft and destruction of private property. His friends were found guilty of accessories on all the murder and attempted murder counts and guilty of theft and destruction of private property. I’m sure they won’t be seeing freedom any time soon. The City Treasurer was found guilty of embezzlement and receiving stolen property and needless to say, he was removed from office. Mr. Hickory gave his granddaughter two choices; stand trial for theft and selling of stolen property or work for the New Hampshire Department of Forestry as a volunteer. Can you guess which one she chose? You’re right she now conducts tours in one of our beautiful national parks.

Paul and Mark got the contract for the other side of Lone Mountain. They will be overseeing the entire project. Old Mr. Hickory sold the land to the investors, with one stipulation; they were to build a family theme park that would serve everyone, not just the rich. That has opened more jobs for the people of Hickup Falls and the surrounding towns. The park will be known as “Paul Bunyon Theme Park”. For good measure, Mr. Hickory threw in some acreage above the timberline for a ski resort. We already have doubled the number of residents and more are moving in each day. We are becoming a true tourist town.

Paul and I are now married and expecting our first child. Senator Singleton visits every so often. Anthony got a promotion, which made him very happy and more determined to be a good deputy. Oh! Did I tell you? I also got a promotion; I am now a full-blown detective!

We expect to have the theme park completed by the end of the year. It will have rides for the children including water log rides, a Paul Bunyon museum, a Hickup Falls museum, and because the skies are so beautiful in the mountains there will be a planetarium for those who like to star gaze. We plan on having hiking, camping, horseback riding, and many other activities that the whole family can enjoy together including my favorite; the guided nature walks. We want to educate the people about the mountains and nature so they can learn to enjoy both without destroying it.

Lone Wolfe and Paul spend ten hours a week teaching our deputies the skills of tracking and martial arts which the Sheriff felt would help to upgrade our skills in fighting crime. Of course this is all voluntary time, which they are happy to contribute.

As for the Lumber Camp, there’s a new crew operating it. They were screened by Mr. Hickory and background checks done by our department. I introduced the supervisor to Gabbie, you remember her, my best friend, well, looks like she has finally met her match. I for one can’t be happier for her. It’s been a long time coming. Who knows, maybe this time next year we’ll be attending another wedding, hers. My mom has been busier than a bee in a hive. With all the new people coming and going out of town she has had to hire extra help. Paul and I plan on sending her off on a vacation as soon as the craziness ends.

If you’re ever in our neck of the woods, stop by and check us out. I must warn you though; you may not want to leave.


© Copyright 2006 Jazelle Vornet (UN: jazellevn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Jazelle Vornet has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/317365-Epilogue