*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327247-Compter-Troubles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#327247 added February 8, 2005 at 12:48pm
Restrictions: None
Compter Troubles
Okay so I don’t stretch my left ring finger down to control button and reach over with my right to hit “S” and my compie trips. I mean, an automatic motion, to save my work, like every thirty seconds and now I want to go and wait thirty-five seconds, like maybe I’m typing a really creative thought and the compie says “NO WAY! You will not ignore me, I’ll show you, I’ll shut down Word. So now, my last scene vanished. Not completely into thin air, but close. I quickly tried to recover but was drastically disappointed that I still lost several paragraphs. I re-read my document, trying to commit my words to memory, then attempted to re-save.

Oh no. compie must be madder than usual, cuz I couldn’t do it. I kept getting error messages, like I’m an IT chick and know just what to do. “Are ya trying to kill me?” I ask the screen. Naturally, I get another error message, even more complex than the previous, and just as undecipherable. “Okay fine!” This time I’m yelling. Big mistake. Cost me a reboot too.

So now, I’m offering bribes, making promises, and speaking softly, in a desperate gesture to get compie back on my side. “What would I do without you?” I say, he doesn’t care. The damage is done. I always expect him to run at 110%, never once paying homage to his unselfish efforts. In fact, he reminds me, “Lots of nights, you forget to shut me down! Leaving me running all night long, with no sleep. What kind of person are you?”

"A writer." I mumble.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327247-Compter-Troubles