*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328713-No-water
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#328713 added February 16, 2005 at 8:58am
Restrictions: None
No water
Yesterday, around 4:30 or so, my water shut down. I had three high schools, their coaches and some of their parents out here, plus, Dawn’s after-school kids, a few courts rented to the public, and Ryan had is hitting session with Vaugh. (Vauhgn has moved to Mercer. I hadn’t seen him in like forever, it was good to see he was still out on the courts) Bill was here too. So, I wasn’t happy about no water – no plumbing at the facility. (Once, during a huge district adult tournament, a sewer line collapsed. I had to work many hours extra to help get things cleaned up, and portables out. Not a pleasant memory. )

I made the appropriate phone calls and left voice mails in several places; ending with the Water Authority. Now, today, the start of a new day, I arrive to work to discover I still do not have water/plumbing. For me, this stinks. I drink sixty-four ounces of water, two cups of hot green tea and sometimes, in the afternoon, a cup of coffee. Too much fluid for no plumbing.

I have too many things I want to write about and I can’t focus.

Yesterday, Larry stops by – to check up on me, just in case I was sleeping – Since taking naps seems to be written on my To Do List. He was all dressed up for some meeting at city hall. I hate the way he always sneaks up on me, when I’m on the compie. I’m always on, data entry, website updates, invoices, reports, and grants. We made a few jokes. I usually comment on his seniority – in the admin chain. Being the number two guy and all. I found out yesterday, that Reggie is the number two guy too. I didn’t know this. I’m impressed. Reggie plays tennis and I’ve asked him to hit with Laney. Something I would NOT have done had I known he was the number two guy. Reggie’s been stopping by my facility on Friday evenings lately, checking up to make sure work orders are being completed. Reggie seems young to be the number two guy. Since he is a tennis player, and I’m a tournament director, I have access to USTA membership info. I can look to see how old he is. I need to fax him an entry form for my Polar Bear tournament at the end of this month. Just checked, he’s two years older than me.

This is so strange, on my home compie, my TDM says the NTPR rating, I do not see it now, as I’m looking for Reggie’s level of play. Too weird. As I’m looking, I see he has opted not to leave things like work number, home number or cell number. As a tournament director, this is NOT good. Countless times, I’ve had to reach someone during the day, when all they have given is their night phone, or at night, when all they have given is their day phone. I especially hate when juniors don’t provide all this pertinent information. One time, the only way I had to reach someone was through a fax. Which worked out fine. But my information is synch w/ the national USTA membership info, so if that’s not correct, up-to-date, then neither is mine.

I know, I’m being boring now. Sorry. Well, gotta go clock in. Call Reggie and invite him to participate in my tournament. After I call the Water Authority and use my mean stern voice.

At least my level of pain has subsided some. From yesterday I mean.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328713-No-water