*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332403-September-15-2004-laurencia
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
Print Tell A Friend
Item #649466
September 15, 2004: laurencia

Newsletter Header
Noticing Newbies


Table of Contents

1. About this Newsletter
2. A Word from our Sponsor
3. Letter from the Editor
4. Editor's Picks
5. A Word from Writing.Com
6. Ask & Answer
7. Removal instructions

About This Newsletter

Noticing Newbies Newsletter is geared to help new members get acquainted with Writing.com -- there is so much do and all the features can be overwhelming! Our goal is to help new members make their time here more fun and manageable. Each week we will showcase new authors items (poetry, short story, polls, etc.). Exposure for each member's writing will help bring more rates and reviews for their work, and by bringing more member interaction to the member, that will give them the opportunity to build friendships with other members, as long as they reciprocate reviews and conversation -- remember, it is a two way street.


"There's someone that you haven't already met, go introduce yourself to him or her. Walls and labels can't keep you from the people who are so similar to you in spirit. There's a friendly face behind every door if you pick the right moment to knock. Once you start your wave of creative outreach, it turns into a contagious force. People are waking up and smiling at each other, sharing their dreams without hesitation. This community is worth something."

-- Author Unknown

Word from our sponsor


Passionate about writing?
Take your passion to new heights - with an online Master of Fine Arts in
Creative Writing
, available only from top ranked National University. Choose
workshops based on your interests. Work with experienced and published faculty.
Prepare for a variety of career opportunities. Use a state-of-the art online system:
Study where and when you want.
Click here to get more information!


Letter from the editor

Hello,

I'm so happy to be back for another edition of Noticing Newbies Newsletter! I thought it would be a good idea to talk about my favorite thing to do on Writing.com, and that is hosting and entering contests. Personally, I host contests more than enter them. I just love to create a contest forum, figure out a popular writing prompt to attract entrants and then review and rate submissions. People love to have their work commented on. Having your work critiqued is one of the best ways to improve your writing.

On a regular basis I host "Invalid Item which will be reopening on October 4th after a month break. It is a poetry and short story writing contest, so check it out if you're interested. I also write a monthly edition to the Contest Newsletter, check out "Invalid Item for your reading pleasure.

All writers write, because they love it, and most writers ultimately want to be published. Entering contests is the great practice for sharping up your writing skills and developing a keen sense for what people want to read, which is very important if you want to be competitive is today's market.

The best way to see what contests are taking place on Writing.com is to go to "Site Navigation" on the top left column and click on "Item Jumps", space down to contests and click on that...there you will find every single contest and the most recent that is taking place and who is hosting it. So, pick a contest and enter it, it will be fun! *Smile*

*Question* Question: Did you find a contest you would like to enter? What contest is it? (type the link "Invalid Item) If you didn't find a contest you like, what would you like to see?

There is a link to send your comments and answers at the bottom of the screen. Thanks!

Until next time...
** Image ID #692136 Unavailable **

Editor's Picks

*Star*Monthly featured newbies I have personally chosen for your enjoyment:*Star*

Clock Tower  (E)
First meaningful poem I have written in a very long time.
#839006 by Matt Z.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#888226 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#888213 by Not Available.


 Blue Eyes  (E)
It's a poem wow what a surprise. hey amazingly enough i actually modified it :)
#879499 by Tithonos


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#888232 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#888170 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#887863 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#887693 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#887033 by Not Available.


 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#884944 by Not Available.

 
Submit an item for consideration in this newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Word from Writing.Com

Have an opinion on what you've read here today? Then send the Editor feedback! Find an item that you think would be perfect for showcasing here? Submit it for consideration in the newsletter!
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Don't forget to support our sponsor!
%%NL_AD_BOT%%

Ask & Answer

The following are welcoming comments from fellow editors and members. Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me. *Smile*


*Flower1* Cubby
Welcome, Laurencia! You are a nice addition to our team of editors.

You wrote: It is funny when I think back to when I was new here on Writing.Com. -- I was reserved and shy, and NEVER in my wildest dreams did I think I would become a moderator and editor of two newsletters! Thanks to Writing.com I have grown tremendously as a writer and person.

~ I could have written these same words myself! I bet there are lots of members that feel the same way.

Good job on your first NN Newsletter.

Love, Cubby ")


*Flower1* Pretty in Black
Great first newsletter, Laurencia! I see you constantly helping out new authors, so this should be a good newsletter for you. Looking forward to September 13th.
Take care,
Jamie


*Flower1* esprit
Good introductory letter, Larencia. Welcome aboard!


*Flower1* roobear1
Hey Laurencia! Congrats on your first editorial for the Noticing Newbies newsletter!


Please e-mail any questions or comments directly to the newsletter, attention to any of the editors:

Puditat
Cubby
esprit
laurencia

Next week's editor is: Puditat

I'll see you on October 11th! Take care! laurencia
 
Have a question or comment for the Editor?
http://www.Writing.Com/main/newsletters.php?action=nli_form

Removal Instructions

To stop receiving this newsletter, go into your account and remove the check from the box beside the specific topic. Be sure to click "Complete Edit" or it will not save your changes.

Maintained by The StoryMistress   
Created: 03-03-05 @ 11:35pm | Modified: 03-03-05 @ 11:35pm      

Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/332403-September-15-2004-laurencia