*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336513-Colorful-Rubberband-Bracelets
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#336513 added March 23, 2005 at 2:08pm
Restrictions: None
Colorful Rubberband Bracelets
I walked into one of those combination gas station/expensive junk food stores the other day, and as I was paying for the suddenly very expensive again gasoline I was forced to buy due to an empty gas tank I notice a box of colorful rubberbands on the counter next to the register.

Impulse buyers - BEWARE.

Granted the rubberbands were a little different. They were about a half inch wide, and each rubberband contained a single word that appeared to be molded into the rubber; each word seemed to appear to represent what is generally considered a human quality - not all necessarily good qualities, either.

Some may be wondering what is the harm in this. Well, for $3.99 plus tax, I think the purchase of this colorful rubberband is just beyond rhyme, reason, and sanity - while I admit it is an absolute marketing marvel for the manufacturer and seller - Ask yourself, does anyone really need another useless piece of junk to adorn their bodies? Are we so desperate that we need to purchase a brightly colored rubberband bracelet to publicly define ourselves. The lady behind me was kind enough to add that she had seen the exact same type of rubberband bracelets just down the road at another store for just $0.99. Really?

In my mind, it's a sham at any price.

Then again, if you own absolutely no jewerly - no gold, no silver, and you can well afford the over $2.00 a gallon that is being charged for gasoline, then go ahead - indulge yourself.

If I was up to doing just a little research, I'd be almost be willing to bet that I would descover that the decay factor of this particular manufactured rubber is less than that of gold and silver anyway.

I've heard it said that nothing last forever, but the people that were saying that were saying that before the enviormental effects of disposing of plastics was a major concern in our eco-system.

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336513-Colorful-Rubberband-Bracelets