*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/337810-News-Events
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #942302
Sunflower's Blog
#337810 added March 29, 2005 at 9:48pm
Restrictions: None
News Events
People die in the previously tsunami struck area. Terri Shaivo fights for life and her organs cease their functions. My former roommate is on the streets.

One day is much like another. We mark time by passing friendships as much as we do passing years. When you don't have things in common anymore, there's nothing to hold the friendship together.

For ten days, a 19 year-old neighbor and friend stayed with me. He needed a place to stay. He's been looking for a job for a year and a half. He had said he was saving my offer to help him out as a last resort. All his friends and family members have tried to help him, with no results. I guess I'm not really surprised that he's gone. I'm surprised about the way our relationship ended.

With the end of the friendship comes the end of sa story I've been working on for awhile. "Ghetto Gandhi" has two more chapters to be written. It would be difficult to write it now, because I'm so disappointed in the way things turned out. The story is fiction based on many things I shared with "Gabriel" from the time he was 13 until now. They say that you write best what you know, and putting it off will only cause me to lose the details.

So another life of potential becomes a black and white story. It's much easier to deal with facts than feelings, but it's the balance of those two things that set us to our own destiny. Maybe that's the message I need to focus on in the story. One can never give up hope.
© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/337810-News-Events