*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338114-Reattaching-My-Nose---Despite-My-Face
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#338114 added March 31, 2005 at 9:40am
Restrictions: None
Reattaching My Nose, - Despite My Face
On March 19th, I disconnected cable television. On March 30th the cable man was back here by noon reconnecting my cable.

It was much easier not watching television in the day time than I expected, but evenings were absolutely miserable. Evidently, my husband and I are extremely dependant on the televison to entertain us - possibly more like addicted.

And don't you know it just happened that there was nothing new on that we hadn't already seen.

I guess if I was younger and healthier I would have been able to find more to do to keep me from missing televison, but alas... I am not young or healthy, so by the end of the day immediately after supper my body collaspes on the sofa, and my brain shuts down, and both my husband and I sit in front of the television in a partial comatose state - comfortably numb. Usually sometime between 11 o'clock and midnight we stumble off to bed. Our day usually begins sometime between 5:30 am and six o'clock, and we march like sombies to the coffee pot, sit at the kitchen table indulging in caffine and nicotine.

When I think about how long my husband and I have been following this particular routine - it scares me. I am beginning to believe that old adage that says, "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

I have a thousand excuses, but I am not going to bore myself by listing any of them. When did I became such a creature of habit? I am a couch potato. Aaaarrrrggggh!


© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338114-Reattaching-My-Nose---Despite-My-Face