*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338758-About-What-I-Said
Rated: 18+ · Book · Adult · #941759
Opinion and views on what is and what is not being reported on...
#338758 added April 3, 2005 at 12:18pm
Restrictions: None
About What I Said...
On March 30th, 2005, the following is what I posted in
 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#913932 by Not Available.


Yep, that's what I said, "I QUIT".

I decided yesterday to QUIT writing about, worrying, and being generally appauled about all the problems and injustices in this world that are being caused by the self-serving, greedy, rich, powerful, and irresponsible people in this world.

I decided yesterday to QUIT writing about, worrying over, and being generally disgusted with the actions of Corporations and Governments that are endangering all life on this planet.

The Age of Information is, in my humble opinion, a big waste of time. What is the point in having and knowing information, if there is not a blasted thing I can say, or do to make things right, or better.

It is not that I don't care, but I have to realize my own limitations, and accept them before I blow some kind of mental or pychological fuse, have a heart attack, or have to kill someone.

I am going to busy myself with my crafting, sewing, and cooking, and hopefully live out my final days in some peace.

Afterall, who am I to tell the fifty-eight some odd million stupid people that their vote for reelecting Bush, in my opinion, is like a vote for the Devil himself.

I will never be a professional seamstress, or a world renowned Chef, but I can enjoy myself and my talents, and why shouldn't I?

I don't know what has happened to the morals and ethics of the movers and shakers in this world, but I have seen the results of their immoral and unjust actions, and I hope that God has NO MERCY on their souls.

I am relived that I don't have to literally list all the events that have brought me to the position where I have to announce that "I QUIT". There are plenty of archives that are around to document the sins and crimes of those who are utimately responsible.

Yep, I QUIT. I am going to spend what little precious time that is left to attempt to write what I consider FLUFF, maybe a novel that Harliquin will pay me for writing.

Seems all the fools, idiots, ignorant, and crazy people are happy. I want a share of that kind of happiness - to be blissfully unaware.

I'll chat with friends about the unimportant things in life - maybe the latest and most popular flavor of tea. I will no longer be concerned about genetically altered food, I won't read product lables, I won't watch or listen to the carefully created, made for television propaganda that is being produced by the American government that has now replaced honest journalism called - NEWS.

I will tend to hearth, home, and family, and in doing so I will hope that I won't spend twelve or more days being starved to death at the hands of a husband, or Federal and State judges like Terri Schiavo in the event that I become too ill, too incapacitated, or too physically unable to care and feed myself. I would much prefer a lethal dose of morphine to end my life quickly rather than being put to death slowly by starvation and dehydration.

And since money seems to be at the very root of all the "good intentions", then I will just have to spend what I have whenever I have it - to avoid becomming a target of the greedy, self-serving, amoral, and unethical control freaks, who set themselves up to be judge and jury, and who only worship the Almighty Dollar.

Yep, I QUIT!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today is April 3rd, 2005, and I still find that I pretty much feel the same way about what is happening on OUR planet - hopeless.

But I have discovered something else, while reading some other people's Blogs - generally it seems people are blogging on and on about themselves, and their routine, mundane activities. I feel that people in general are extremely wraped up in their own self importance over and above what is going on globally. In my mind, this is more than bloggers seeking their 15 minutes of fame; it seems to me that most bloggers, or diary keepers, suffer from what I call a "ME FIRST" syndrome.

I witness, and experience many of these "ME FIRST" episodes while driving, standing in line, and even grocery shopping. "ME FIRST" syndrome is ugly, and for all of you Bible thumping Christians that want to impose your religious beliefs on everyone, then let me remind you that somewhere in the Bible it says, "The first shall be last, and the last shall be first."

In good conscience, I have trouble believing that a blog all about ME ... would be really worth reading. I do not feel the urge to document my every experience, thought, or feeling. It is not that I don't think that I am important... I believe with all my heart that every life is important - ABSOLUTELY. But I also believe all those sayings that I remember from my youth...

"If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem."

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way."

Please don't call your blog "A Blog" if it is merely nothing more than a Writing Exercise. In my mind, a blog is a response to something much BIGGER than our individual self, or it should be.

Oh yes, I have studied Emotive Therapy that basically states that the words "Woulda", "Coulda", and "Shoulda" requires a person to eliminated these words from one's vocabulary. Maybe the elimination of the woulda's, coulda's, and shoulda's is what makes me feel that blogging is more than what it is generally accepted to be, in that blogging needs to serve a greater good - than being merely reduced to a daily diary. Then again, maybe I am wrong. I've been wrong before...

I just can't bring myself to blog about "ME"... there is just too much going on in this world that is "WRONG", and believe me when I tell you that I believe that there needs to be some kind of revolution, revolt, or uprising by the people of the United States of America that will restore "FREEDOM & DEMOCRACY" to what it was originally intended to be, as it was written by our wise forefathers who drafted the orginal American Constitution.

George W. Bush's Patriot Act is an Amendment to the American Constitution. When individual freedoms of Americans are limited, it is an afront to what the orginal Declaration of Independance was drafted to mean to each and every American citizen.

I am appauled at how so many people go around, being lead like sheep to the slaughter, while permitting one President to delibrately, with forethought, and malice to destroy exactly what has made America great - and barely a whimper, or whine from the majority.

We are all caught short, being so busy trying to maintain the status quo of our lives, as well as overestimating our own individual self importance - the fox is being allowed to repeated raid the hen house.

So, instead of singing "God Bless America", who of you are singing praises to King Bush?

NOT ME, not in this lifetime!

© Copyright 2005 The Critic (UN: thecritic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
The Critic has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338758-About-What-I-Said