*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339969-A-cloudy-but-beautiful-day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #912643
The storm clouds are piling high.
#339969 added April 8, 2005 at 3:03pm
Restrictions: None
A cloudy but beautiful day
Today started chilly and gray and with Randy and the boys getting ready for school. They spent the last two nights with us. Wednesday night because that's the night Randy teaches a class at the University of Central Oklahoma, and Janelle was still in the Netherlands. Last night Ryan was inducted into the National Junior Honor Society, and Janelle was coming home later (but she missed the inductin since she didn't get in until 10:30). Janelle saw her guys off to school and went back to bed for some much needed sleep.

I visited with Becky online a while, then she needed to go do something. Robert went with his brother, and I started cleaning the kitchen. I had half emptied the dishwasher when the phone rang. Bob called from Turkey. We talked for over thiry minutes, and it was wonderful. We'll be meeting Bob and Brenda and one of the girls (Jennifer) and her boyfriend in Colorado Springs the last part of May. Bob and Brenda will be looking for a house since he will be stationed there after his tour with NATO is over.

While we were talking, someone pounded on the front door. Still visiting with Bob, I went to the door to find a box delivered by FedEx, a box of roses. I opened the box to find two dozen roses (my favorite flower) of different colors from white (my favorite) to pink to yellow to red to peace to orange. Inside was a note that touched my heart even more than the flowers, a note from Becky.

Bob and I finished our conversation while I started trimming the stems of the roses. I hated to say goodbye, but I know I'll see him again. Mothers, real mothers, always want to see their children as often as possible. Hugs are always welcomed, too.

I don't know if Becky ever reads this journal or not; however, I want her to know that much as I like the flowers, having her in my life is more important and wonderful.

The sky is still overcast and dreary, but it's a beautiful, glorious day. I'm still not well, but am feeling better; I saw my baby again when he picked up his wife; I talked to my older son; my husband told me he loves me; and my adopted daughter is a vital part of my life.

God has blessed me.

© Copyright 2005 Vivian (UN: vzabel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Vivian has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339969-A-cloudy-but-beautiful-day