*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341374-Light-Relief
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#341374 added April 15, 2005 at 5:49am
Restrictions: None
Light Relief
Well, that's one thing done and dusted. Dad's survived his operation and is coming home today. Amazing surgery they perform these days. Mum managed too so no big dramas. I suppose they'll need a lot of support over the next week or so but that's what daughters are for; even daughters with stonking colds.

Son's home too; a little pinker and heavier but with no major disasters to report and no smuggled camels. Some funny stories to relay though. Great sense of humour and fun my lad; NOT inherited from his father. lol He's gone to the docs for tests to see why his blood pressure is high; I could hazard a guess at that and I have no medical qualifications whatsoever!

Still feeling rough from this cold but better than last Friday. Bog cleaning is definitely achievable this week. What more could a gal want?

My horoscope is decidedly positive today too. 'Something you have long wished for may come to fruition today.' Does this mean I'm going to grow younger, thinner, win the Lottery, meet Robbie Williams and write a novel all in one day? Nah, that would be too greedy. Maybe someone else is going to clean the bog? Nah, that's too optimistic and I don't do optimism that often. You don't get too disappointed that way. Oh well, I'll keep my ears and eyes open (if I can) and see if any wishes do come true today. I'm not taking bets though.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341374-Light-Relief