*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341168-Dont-Worry
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#341168 added April 15, 2005 at 5:50am
Restrictions: None
Don't Worry
Isn't that really the silliest expression at times, particularly when accompanied by 'Everything will be fine.' Is there anyone who can truly say they don't worry about something every day of their lives? Life is a worry in itself and the things it throws at us cannot always be dismissed with a smile and a shrug. And we all know that everything won't always be fine, such is the pattern of life. Accepting that is difficult, but necessary I suppose.

I'm all on edge this morning. Had a night full of silly anxiety dreams and not feeling recovered from this cold at all. My dad is finally on a ward in hospital awaiting his hernia operation. At 85 it's a big concern to me; I can't help all the scenarios dancing around my brain and won't be able to concentrate on much until I know he's okay. My mum being on her own worries me too, she's forgetful and easily confused and even though she can be a witch towards my dad I know she relies on his help a lot. I'll have to try and go up and help out if I can but I really don't want to have to stay nights there. A case of out of the frying pan into the fire.

At least son is back safely and should be arriving home later. Bedroom will no doubt be a tip within a few hours. Oh well, it looked nice for a few days, not that it matters.

I was amused this morning when I looked in my mailbox and saw I'd received loads of blog comments. What had I said that had touched or interested people so much? Turns out they were my own replies to comments! I find that a bit daft; you reply to a comment in your own blog and receive notification you've received a new blog comment? I think that needs looking into in some way. Oh well, off to read a few of my blogging friends now before it's lunch time again. What is it they say about idle hands?

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341168-Dont-Worry