*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341706-Battle-of-the-Trivia
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#341706 added January 15, 2013 at 7:28pm
Restrictions: None
Battle of the Trivia
Some of the blogs I read focus a lot on world issues, injustice, politics and the like. Although I do find them interesting and commendable it makes me feel rather selfish and shallow as my entries tend to be about personal feelings and issues. There are no rights or wrongs here, it's an individual choice. It's not that I don't care about others or the outside world. I have strong opinions and feelings about a lot of issues but rarely feel the desire to record them. Maybe I'm scared of people disagreeing with me! lol I don't need any more debates.

So, bearing in mind the advice offered to me yesterday, I prepared myself to stay calm and on top of matters last night. I spent the first hour or so on the computer reading blogs etc with very little typing. Not a lot said but the odd trivial question drifted my way...

Was the bath warm enough? Yes
Weren't you having problems with Yahoo a while back? Yes
Is it working okay now? Yes
Is your smell coming back? Slowly
Can you smell that candle? A bit
Have you heard anything from Gillian? No

Hardly earth shattering or riveting conversation but he seems to need this constant chatter when I'm on here, despite supposedly watching TV.

Later my sister came online and son came downstairs so I was free to chat to her while they watched and discussed football. Son went to bed, I started a game with my Canadian friend and hubby feels the need to wander by into the kichen. Doesn't zoom in on the screen anymore you know. Ha ha. Mutterings from the kitchen...

'I see HE's on again.'
'Mr Always there.' (Not true)
'What makes HIM so bloody interesting?' Managed to not respond.

Returns to chair. 'I thought it must be HIM the amount of typing you're doing.' In self defence I explain I've only just started playing and have been chatting to sis although WHY I need explain and justify myself I do not know! Force of habit I suppose.

There follows a short silence and then the inevitable...
'What are you talking about tonight?' I don't reply.
'Oy - Mrs Secretive - What are you talking about?'
'Why?'
'Because I want to know.'
'Why?'
'Because I do.' (Na na na na na)
'Do I ask you what you talk about on the golf course?'
'Well I don't play women and don't keep secrets like you.'

I should have told him we were discussing the Kama Sutra, sexual positions for the over fifties or the enormous size of Canadian penises but my wit deserted me.

'Computer Viruses actually.'
'Oh how bloody interesting.'

Didn't respond again, finished my game but felt the usual tension. Had a last drink with hubby, chatted about this and that (so bloody interesting I can't even remember! lol) and no major rows. Hardly a satisfactory, relaxing evening but will just have to keep on finding ways to keep my sanity.

So, another Sunday, another day in paradise, another boring blog entry...

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/341706-Battle-of-the-Trivia