*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344770-Lost-a-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #942302
Sunflower's Blog
#344770 added May 2, 2005 at 3:23pm
Restrictions: None
Lost a Day
It happens every so often. I go to sleep one day, and wake up two days later. I would have expected it if I'd thought about it. Just started a new regimine of psych meds. None of the doses are that strong, 150 mg, 1/2 mg, 150 mgs, but it was enough to knock me off my regular sleeping pattern for two days of sleep.

When "they" talk about bipolars who aren't compliant with their meds, "they" never talk about the reasons why. I just lost a day of my life, and woke up to four very hungry pets. The kind of sleep that meds sets me in to isn't something you can just wake yourself up from and start moving. I've been awake for two hours now, and my head feels like I drank a bottle of bourbon--but I didn't. I just took my meds like the doctor told me.

With time, if I can make myself keep taking my meds, and upping them along the way, my body will get used to this new anitpsychotic cocktail. But it doesn't seem right. Why do I have to be this messed up, in order for the world to label me okay?

© Copyright 2005 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344770-Lost-a-Day