*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/346337-Foot-Tickled
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#346337 added April 21, 2014 at 12:56pm
Restrictions: None
Foot Tickled
Just had my Tuesday reflexology session with John. He was the Headteacher at the school I worked at for thirteen years. A lovely man, a brilliant artist and a great supporter of my writing.

There's a funny story about one of our reflexology sessions which inspired John to paint the picture included in this entry. For the uninitiated, reflexology is a form of foot massage which is thought to be beneficial to the health and general well-being.

One Tuesday, John was busy massaging my feet when the doorbell rang. Being in a horizontal position made it difficult for me to answer the door so John offered to do it. I could hear the conversation but didn't recognise the voices.

'Is Mrs Cooper in?' asked a female voice.

'Yes, but she's in a compromising position,' replied John cheerfully. Although I didn't know who was at my door, I could tell John knew them by his tone.

'Oh, we'll come back later,' a man's voice concluded.

'No, it's fine,' replied John.' 'Come in.'

In walked the parents of two children who had attended the school when both John and I worked there. They are also Jehovah's Witnesses but had never before come to my house in that capacity. Their expressions spoke volumes.

Imagine the scene. Ex teacher lying prostrate on a folding bed with bare feet exposed. Ex-headteacher with rolled up sleeves and hands covered in lotion seated by the bed. With no knowledge of reflexology the imagination might run wild.

'Isn't Mr Cooper in?' asked the woman.

'No, he's playing golf. John always comes on Tuesday while he's out.' Clang!

The pair departed rapidly without mention of their religion or attempting to sell us 'The Watchtower.'

We've often wondered if they've discussed our 'illicit' meetings with other parents or at their church. No doubt they concluded we were too far gone in sin and deprivation to be saved.






© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/346337-Foot-Tickled