*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347912-Dunmoaning
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#347912 added December 28, 2006 at 8:13pm
Restrictions: None
Dunmoaning
Now I've wiped away the tears brought about by reading the intelligent, supportive and understanding comments on my latest ramblings, I'm ready to start another! The insight, wisdom and thoughtfulness of those who comment mean a great deal to me. What has impressed me more than anything is the appreciation of what online friends can come to mean to us. A lot of my real life friends do not use computers and if I mention people I've chatted to in other countries, I see their eyes glaze over and know they consider no real relationship can develop that way. So, I tend to keep quiet about it; to know people here don't judge or scoff, but actually have their own stories and feelings about 'online' friends is very reassuring. Thanks to all of you.

One thing I've learnt the hard way, is no one likes to be around a constant misery, so no more moaning I promise. (Well, for today at least) I'm sure the subject of friendships and online relationships will come up again but for the moment, with my absent friend now having been silent for three weeks, I must push it into the background and search around for distractions and light-hearted relief.

Writing class last night was great fun and a release from tension. We played around making up our own silly metaphors and similes and shared many laughs. There's something so refreshing about just being amongst a group of like-minded people; no screens, no technology, just thoughts and ideas to share. It helped my state of mind, if only temporarily.

So, today, I've composed a list of five positives to try to lift my spirits.

1. I'm having a day at the seaside tomorrow. (rain forecast but a paddle and fish and chips are musts!)

2. My sister is coming over on Saturday.

3. I bought a sun hat today. lol Now all I need is that holiday in the sun.

4. I have some tickets for Centre Court at Wimbledon in June.

5. I've had a poem accepted for publication in a small press magazine.

I notice some writers have other b..er..journal links at the side of their entries. I've looked at the 'manage blog links' bit but it's gobbledegook to me. Can anyone advise about the 'order' 'link title' and 'link URL' boxes? I'd like to direct readers to the journals of my favourite people here. You're all so wonderful. Big Cyberhugs to you all...sniffle.

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/347912-Dunmoaning