*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/348314-Oh-I-do-Like-to-be-Beside-the-Seaside
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#348314 added May 20, 2005 at 5:30am
Restrictions: None
Oh I do Like to be Beside the Seaside
Didn't get to the site yesterday due to a day by the sea but I'm very touched again by all the lovely, uplifting, humourous and helpful comments. Thanks to our resident genius, Rebecca for supplying those great instructions. Will get round to trying it once I've caught up with my favourite journals.

As predicted, it was raining when we reached Skegness. It's the nearest seaside place to us, about a two hour drive. Very commercialised and heaving in summer, but a good place for a day out in May. So, I bought a cheap and cheerful purple hat, which I am now in love with and it stopped raining. A fish and chip dinner, (the none fattening type of course) A stroll around the shops, a walk on the beach, a paddle for me, (nice to have the North Sea all to myself - too cold for anyone sensible!) a walk round the park to watch the ducks and a couple of glasses of wine before setting off for home. A very pleasant change in the company of good friends. We should do it more often.

I was chatting to my sister for a while last night on MSN and downloading the photos of the purple whale in the sea, when my 'absent' friend showed up. I now understand his reasons for taking some time out and although I wish he'd explained before now, it seems there are no hard feelings on either side. Sometimes, my vivid imagination makes things seem a lot worse than they actually are. Still, I now have my three good friends back in place and some reassurance that my judgement of character isn't as bad as I thought.

So, I'm feeling better today, despite the steely skies threatening more rain. I might even sing while I clean the bog. What's it to be? Gotta be something bu Lulu. Groan.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/348314-Oh-I-do-Like-to-be-Beside-the-Seaside