*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349545-Road-Trip
Rated: ASR · Book · Religious · #554904
Just Jul Lee is just me. I write my thoughts and observations.
#349545 added May 26, 2005 at 10:19am
Restrictions: None
Road Trip!
Road Trip!
DATE: May 26, 2005


Today at noon, Mom and I are leaving to Montana for the weekend. My uncle PJ is on leave from Iraq and we're going to see him. I'm excited though I know that:

1. It's a very long drive and I'll be very tired for work on Monday.
2. It's a three day weekend and since I work for Police Department Records (I do, by the way, in case I never said so) I'm going to have Thursday's, Friday's, Saturday's, Sunday's and Monday's work to come back to.

But, I'm still excited.

Originally, this weekend was meant to be spent in Albuquerque hanging out with Carla and PJ but now, obviously, it's not.

Capetown, South Africa. That is where Pastor Moore and his family are setting up a church, by the way. If you happen to live there, check it out. I don't know the name of it right now but Pastor Dale Reece used to pastor it, if that helps.

This past weekend I backslid. I didn't go completely off the ship but I was allowing old attitudes back in and feeling bitter and depressed, angry and judgemental. Anyway, I told God, "I think I'm slightly backslidden."

"There's no such thing as slightly backslidden," He replied.

"You're right," I said. And let me pause now to say that He's ALWAYS right so I don't know why I always tell Him what He already knows to be true. "I'm backslidden."

So, I bowed my head and repented, just like the first time I got saved, I asked Him back into my heart, to rule and lead me. Then, I apologized for demanding my way, for insisting that His calling on my life (Pastor's wife) couldn't be true because He wouldn't do that to me.

I asked Him to forgive me for being selfish and defiant of His will and His voice. I finally saw a piece of the puzzle I was missing. Marriage is a blessing, a wonderful gift from God, if done in His timing and His will.

And so, I will no longer complain, grumble or be defiant of God's calling for me. I will no longer doubt or be immature. I thank God for loving me enough to hold onto me despite my childish behavior. I thank Him for loving me in general. He is good. So good. If you don't know Him, please meet Him. He's waiting for you to come to Him, on bended knee, so He can wrap His arms around you and comfort you, keep you safe.

Okay, so, I've updated my blog (which won't happen again until I get back) and I've let you all know the details of my life.

One more thing! I submitted The Burning Blood Chronicles: GODS to Publish America for publication. It takes longer to be approved with a sequel, or second book in general, than the first novel so I'm still waiting to hear from them.

Well, have a good and safe Memorial Day Weekend, Americans! And have a fun and safe weekend everyone else!

© Copyright 2005 DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ (UN: mystdancer50 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/349545-Road-Trip