*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358083-The-Rules-of-Cricket
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#358083 added July 6, 2005 at 11:38am
Restrictions: None
The Rules of Cricket
Not a lot to report today. (What's new?) so in view of Forever's reference and love of cricket I'll devote this entry to a game you need a degree in to fully understand! There are two cricket mad men in my house but I'm afraid I've never learnt to comprehend or share the love of the game. But I CAN explain the rules to any foreign visitor.

'You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. When both sides have been in and out including the not outs that's the end of the game.'

HOWZAT?


I think I'll stick with tennis. Off to Nottingham Forest football ground in a bit to see R.E.M in concert. It's cold, it's windy, it's raining on and off - perfect cricket weather. Well, at least I made the calendar blue even if I made no sense at all.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358083-The-Rules-of-Cricket