*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358306-WHY
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#358306 added July 7, 2005 at 7:17pm
Restrictions: None
WHY?
In the light of the terrible attacks on London, it seems inappropriate to post anything flippant or trivial. What a sick, horrific world we live in is all I can manage. Whatever opinion we hold about the Olympic win for London, it was at least something positive to be celebrated. How tragic that some see this and the G8 summit in Scotland as an opportunity to destroy and create chaos and heartbreak. WHAT do these sort of attacks achieve except the loss of innocent lives and a lifetime of horrendous memories for those left bereaved? My thoughts are with the victims and their families, the emergency workers and a city which only a few hours ago was overjoyed. I cannot possibly type what I think of those who have brought about this terrible tragedy. Thanks, Writing.Com for setting up the messageboards so quickly; may it be a small comfort to those who are affected. Will we ever see an end to the devastation brought about by terrorism?

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/358306-WHY