*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360224-Summer-1-Kalimat-162-July-13
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#360224 added July 19, 2005 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
Summer: 1 Kalimat 162 (July 13)
TREASURE OF THE DAY:

"In bed, wrapping you in my sensual thoughts,
pleasurably engaging legs and tongues,
mentally arranging our bits and pieces
into experimental postures of delight."


from: "Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

2005-07-13
vespers, 91 degrees. 93 in Cleveland, OK.

I was thinking of Gary Glenn in Tulsa. He's from Cleveland. Quiet, until he brings out the guitar or saw to play, he makes a living as an electrician; but, plays in a band with his father. I believe they play bluegrass, but I'll have to ask again. I wrote a poem 'The cello and the saw' as I visualized Austin playing cello and Gary the saw. Not done yet. It will be lyrical, rhythmic with a refrain. He is one of the Oklahomans I met at the Gypsy that I truly miss.

2005-07-13
afternoon, 89 degrees. In Churchville, NY it is 92!

Reviewed a couple emails from Gregory Wooster. He and his wife Anita live outside of Rochester, which has been experiencing a heat wave.

I remember reading the Prayer for the Dead at his father's (Gregory) funeral in November many years ago. It poured. When his mother Evelyn Lundine Wooster died many years later, the weather at Forest Lawn was exquisite. Sunny and pleasant. Not bad for November. It was as if she had arranged it to be just so ... Alas, she died young. Her mother lived to be 99, but dear Evelyn faded slowly into the sunset at 87.

I remember when she was in her seventies and I was lamenting about my mom (we children do that sometimes!). She told me that she understood because her mom treated her like a child, too. The look on my face alerted her that I didn't know that this white haired lady who had already buried her husband had an even more elderly mother, alive! Her mother was 97 at the time and for awhile they lived across the hall from each other in a senior citizen highrise in Jamestown, NY. Evelyn was a Swede, just like my dad.

I used to visit the cemetary every November. Visit the pink headstone with the nine-pointed star in Section S. Look at the shells or stones left there by their daughter, Margaret. I couldn't think of a more restful place to lay down my bones.

2005-07-13
noon, 89 degrees. In Hayes, KS it is 88.

On this first day of Words: Got my laundry done! I do it every fortnight on a Wednesday. What a pain. It took four hours.

Spoke to to Thaddeus Kinderknecht of Hays who explained that his first name means 'gift from God' and his last 'children' 'knight' or as he put it, 'glorified nanny'. Therefore these lines that may someday be immortalized in poetry:

"O thou Glorified Nanny!
O thou Gift of the Gods!
O thou Hayseed from Haze!"

SENSED YESTERDAY:

eggy taste of a biscuit; lime cheesecake yoghurt; smell of ripe banana in my backpack; the chatter of writers; 7:47 in blue, our new clock system, the cell phone; the taste of 3 dark cherries; bland potatoes.

© Copyright 2005 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360224-Summer-1-Kalimat-162-July-13