*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360928-Our-Mavis
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#360928 added April 22, 2014 at 7:01am
Restrictions: None
Our Mavis
No swimming today as the schools are starting to break up for the summer holidays and we have no desire to be dodging kiddywinks in the pool. So later Big Pam and I are going on a shopping trip and for a pub meal. (Diet? What diet?) *Blush*

I've noticed how many compliments have been made about Mavis's latest masterpiece. I too am reading and thoroughly enjoying 'Of No Fixed Aboat.' Her unique voice and polished style speak for themselves. I'm also looking forward to receiving her book of short stories. I'm sure I'll love them and hope it may give me the inspiration to start on my own long overdue 'opus magnum'.

It came as no surprise that Mavis was recently promoted to a blue case. Her involvement and contributions to the site are many and varied. Her comments are always up front, helpful and honest. She even thoughtfully altered her blog description to show our appreciation of the newly founded and very welcome CC. Her advice about diets is correct too; these faddy ones don't work, so now I'm going to follow her advice, particularly as she kindly allows me the odd dry white. *Wink*

I loved her list of things she'd want to do before leaving the planet. I hope many of you will compile your own lists. Those of you who've read my blog for a while may remember I discussed the same thing a while back. But here is my updated list, with modifications. A blog is not a blog without a list is it? The first five would be possible if I was determined enough, the second five probably not.

1. Stop smoking. Actually, I'd alter this to have 'control' over smoking. Just have a few on social occasions and forget it the rest of the time.

2. Lose some weight and improve my fitness level.

3. Travel a lot - including a swim with dolphins.

4. Write a novel.

5. Meet some friends from the Internet.

Now the unliklies.

1. Invent and patent something.

2. Own properties on the Isle of Wight and Greece.

3. Peace and safety on our planet for all species.

4. Meet my soulmate.

5. Be a duck for a day. To be able to choose to walk, swim or fly must be great.

Yes, I know I'm Quackers. Back to Mavis.

The competition she's organised is a gem. She's set it up brilliantly and swiftly. I'm sure it will bring a lot of fun and laughter. On first perusal I haven't got much idea although one or two jumped out at me. I actually thought one belonged to CC until I noticed he wasn't on the list. I can see some serious research is in order. Do I conclude that all the ones with furry creatures and pink accessories are wimmins and all the cluttered areas are mens? No, mustn't generalise. Strange though, because I thought all mens' keyboards resembled the one below.

One more thing then I'm going. (group applause) I'm pleased to have been able to contribute gift points to both Mavis and Nada for their projects. This was made possible by Murphy Jacobs, who sadly left the site but for some reason kindly donated all his gift points to me. And it was a very significant amount. A case of one good turn deserves another. I know I tend to be a bit self involved in my blog but it always gives me great pleasure to give to others and help out where I can.






© Copyright 2014 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/360928-Our-Mavis