*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361111-A-WDC-Day---Or-So-I-thought
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#361111 added July 21, 2005 at 8:58am
Restrictions: None
A WDC Day - Or So I thought.
Because I didn't go swimming (or should that be swimmin CC?) yesterday morning I had some time to do a few humdrum jobs and thought that would leave today free for writingy things. I planned on spending the whole day catching up on the site and not feeling guilty for treating myself. I made a list of 'things to do' too of course, more like 500 than 5 though.

I didn't take into account the thick head I'd wake up with this morning due to enjoying the girly night out too much. I don't normally drink much coffee but it took three extra strong black ones to even make me feel semi-human. While I drank them I peered through bleary eyes at the blog entries. There's been a conspiracy! I go out for one night and all my favourite bloggers have to make the most interesting, stimulating, hilarious, and provoking entires while I'm gone. Of course I have to read and comment on them all which is always a pleasure. You sure are a lovely, talented group of people and I WUB YOU ALL EQUALLY. Sheesh - Some men are just never satisfied. I devote a whole entry to Dan the other day and then he gets a pouty lip just 'cos I showed CC a little affection. *Wink*

Anyway, while enjoying the blogs and laughing despite the pain in my brain Murphy decides to join me. First the printer runs out of paper and then when I reload it there's a ruddy great paper jam, followed by the ink cartridge running out and having to find and install a replacement.

Then my mother phones to tell me I didn't phone her last night. Well, I had told her I was going out but the memory isn't too good and she tends to think I've been abducted by aliens if I don't call or visit every day. So after assuring her I'm fine, checking she's fine, assuring her I'll phone again tomorrow and relaying each other's activities minute by minute since I last saw her I get back to WDC.

Then oh Joy! The window cleaner arrives. Bear in mind I've fallen out of bed still clad in a scantyish nighty and wearing that wild night-before look and headed straight for the coffee, the paracetamol (Advil to you) and the computer. I'm home alone and he'll be knocking on the door for payment in five minutes. I hoped he'd take one peek through the window and make a run for it but he obviously needed the money.

By then it's lunchtime so I grab a sandwich and take Mr and Mrs Blackbird their breakfast seeing as they were glaring angrily at me through the window. At last, I can return to my list. I sign in to WDC and find that during my short absence I have a bulging mailbox. ( I nearly typed 'male' instead of 'mail' there - talk about a Freudian slip) What? Have all my friends commented on my blog already? Just a minute - I haven't done my blog yet. Nope, it seems something of mine has been highlighted in the Horror Newsletter. Not just a story either but a whole damned folder! Very pleasing I admit but then I had to reply to all the reviews and add to my growing list that I must check out their folders in return.

So now I'm ready to start tackling my list and it's not quite dark yet. lol I have stories to review, competitions to check out, a mailbox to sort and loads of things to print. I don't know why but I always like a paper copy of reviews, newsletters and my favourites. I'm planning on printing some of these brilliant blog entries too (yours not mine lol) as they beg to be shared with friends and family. That reminds me - anyone know how to print the comments? They're too priceless not to treasure.

Anyway, I hear ya. Why don't you just bog off Scarlett and get on with it, you procrastinator? Okay, okay, I'm going; I'm getting paranoid that Murphy will delete all my typing before I hit save anyway.

© Copyright 2005 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361111-A-WDC-Day---Or-So-I-thought