*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361287-Sidetracking
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#361287 added January 22, 2013 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
Sidetracking
I didn't achieve as much on the site yesterday as I'd planned, but then I always set my targets too high. It's the perfectionist in me and the desire to not miss out on anything.

But as always, the unplanned took up some time as I predictably became sidetracked. While printing out some of my favourite blog entries from other journals it occured to me to check out the first entry made by all my friends. And very interesting it was too. So, what were we all doing when we decided to take the plunge and start this blogging business?

Rebecca was busy and berating herself for not prioritising. She concluded that writing calmed her and stated she wanted to finish writing a book. Well, she's achieved that goal.

Nada was in the middle of floods. Does disaster follow this lady everywhere? She'd stopped smoking. (Any tips?) and already attracted two complimentary comments .

Daryl decided on the journal format. He'd got a cold and was tired of corporate life. Nothing new there then!

Dan was up early as usual and pondering the way we use our time. A philosophical entry with the heading 'The day is ahead of me. What will make this day unique?' Unbeknown to him it was to be the start of far more than any of us anticipated.

Tor cleverly entitled his first entry 'A blog is born.' (Can I borrow that as a possible novel title?) His honesty and humour are immediately evident. He obviously does a lot of people watching at Walmart. Understandably, he received three comments from readers - April, Forever and Wenston. Of course, that means I now have 'check Wenston's blog' added to my list.

Ness in her own inimitable style discusses the reviewing system. She says she looks for 'funny' pieces to review. In my mind she's one of the funniest writers on the site and I recommend you read the story of hers Mavis has highlighted in the Newsletter. This lady is so humble - she calls her own writing 'utter utter pants.' Ness, that's utter utter pants!

Mountainflower introduced herself with honesty, courage and insightfulness and I'm pleased I was the first to leave a comment there. Why this lovely lady doesn't attract more readers I don't understand.

Twinkledee's humour and divergent thoughts are evident right from the start. I'm pleased I found her when she first started too.

La Belle Rouge talked of the journey of self discovery. She has an amazing way of expressing her views and emotions. Her entries are short but astute, often profound. I recommend all wimmins visit her blog at some time.

Mavis had just returned from a health and fitness weekend which she described with great humour and wise observations. Is it Tai Chi, Pilates, Salsa Dancing and massage that give this incredible woman her boundless energy? She was reading the 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time' A must read for everyone.

Kim -Marie talked of the potential of starting a new journal. How does she find time to keep more than one? And the smell of new paper... I agree.

The lovely Whyshewrote dedicated her entry to her partner. I don't know what's happened to her; she's not made an entry in ages. Maybe she's too busy with said partner.

Breeze hoped her life would improve this year; I'm sure we all hope so too. She admits to being 'crazy,' but if she is then it's in the nicest possible way.

Forever discussed her love of music apart from C(rap) Agreed. She made references to the Crazy Frog mobile ring - I'm ashamed to say it hit the top of our music charts a few weeks ago. There's hilarious interaction between her and Mavis in the comments regarding frog's testicles.

Sunflower too set out her writing ambitions and aims to be published this year. I'm sure she'll succeed.

Apriflower described her trip to Silver Lake, Sunset Boulevard and Hollywood. She brought it alive with her excellent style.

And of course we've all been reading CC since he started and we're all now seriously addicted to his unique approach and hilarious comments.

So that's how all my friends started out and I now feel I want to read all their blogs from start to finish. Maybe I'll put it on my list!

And what about Scarlett? Just rambling on about being hungover and cleaning the bog. My inner depths are evident even back then. lol But to redeem myself and do as Dan requested I DID have a whole folder highlighted in the Horror Newsletter this week...

 On The Darker Side  (18+)
Scribblings of a darker nature.
#951986 by Scarlett


No obligation, I know how busy you all are.

I felt it a huge compliment that Christine L, a new member, read and reviewed every piece in there positively. She has a degree in psychology and I feel honoured that someone in that field finds my characters and plots realistic. Maybe I have a criminal mind. Or just a sick one.

She only has one piece in her folder as yet but I'd recommend you read it. It's an unusual approach to a very topical and difficult subject and I'm sure she'd appreciate your thoughts.

 An Open Letter to a Terrorist  (13+)
This piece speaks for itself...
#992318 by Christine L.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361287-Sidetracking