*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361543-Delays
Rated: E · Book · Romance/Love · #993939
Old friends separated by the call of duty.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#361543 added July 24, 2005 at 12:39am
Restrictions: None
Delays
Dear Joslyn,

I'm sorry it took so long for me to write. Things have been completely insane here. We barely have time to sleep and eat, let alone take care of personal things like writing home. I'm sure you know that it's really hot and sandy here, we've all been watching that on the news for a long time. It's weird actually being in it. Ya' know? I could be that guy on the news now.

I've already been making friends with some of the guys. It doesn't take long to bond when you're being shot at by people you can't even see. There's one guy, his name's Mike, he's from Tennessee and he seriously got married two days before we came here. Can you believe that? He really loves that girl, he can't stop talking about getting back home to her and starting a family. I couldn't imagine walking away from something like that, I had a hard enough time as it was.

It's about time for me to take my turn on patrol so I have to wrap this up. Tell everyone I say hi and I miss you guys.

See you soon.
Ethan
© Copyright 2005 Amazon Woman (UN: techieluv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Amazon Woman has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/361543-Delays