*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365416-The-nosey-woman-that-I-am
Rated: GC · Book · Adult · #994563
No purchase necessary.
#365416 added August 11, 2005 at 11:42am
Restrictions: None
The nosey woman that I am...
I work at a school that has a rule, no smoking on campus. I got a new van last week and I refuse to smoke in it. So today I walked outside the campus gate and stood by a creek and had a cig. I was taking a mental note of all the things that were in the creek. For example...a tire, shopping cart, plastic bags, cigarette butts, part of a car bumper, beer cans, a sand bag, coke cans, food containers and various plastic bottles. I notice that along the side of the creek, stuck on a rock, was a plastic bottle that had a piece of paper inside. Being the nosey person that I am, I decided to hike down through the poison ivy, which I am highly allergic to, and the mud to check out the bottle. I found a stick and knocked the bottle closer to me so I could reach it. When I opened the bottle and unfolded the paper this is what it said......

"All that work and for nothing. How stupid are you for climbing down here to get this bottle? Don't you know this creek is dirty and infested with human shit? Go take a bath!"

I thought maybe I was on Candid Camera or something. I looked around to see if somebody was watching me.....I didn't see anyone. On my way back out of the creek, my foot slipped and I went down on one knee and got my leg all muddy!

Maybe I'll go scrub up a little cuz I'm feeling a bit nasty. I guess that's what I get for being nosey!

-Marv-

© Copyright 2005 -- Marv -- (UN: marv at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
-- Marv -- has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/365416-The-nosey-woman-that-I-am