*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/367641-I-dont-wanna
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#367641 added August 20, 2005 at 8:49am
Restrictions: None
I don't wanna...
Chores. And lots of them. Topping the list…birdcages. Oh joyous rapture. Oh mom do I have to? Deliverance. That’s my plea. Anyone? Someone? Okay. I see how it is. Fine. I skipped last week cuz I was gone. What is it a friend of mine says…’no day off goes unpunished.’ I think that’s how it goes. Well, I’m feelin’ it now. Dread, seeping deep into the part of my brain in charge of motivation, crawling across the muscles of my body. And then, underscoring my reluctance is the pool. In the backyard. Filled with crystal clear water, beckoning me for a swim. Ah, my favorite way to swim.

Maybe if I slide in a Dave Matthews DVD, the music will override my unwillingness. Or, Pearl Jam. Eddie Vedder. Live at the Garden. Oh, no. I got it – The Rolling Stones DVD. Yeah. That’s the ticket. Mick Jagger’s bony cadaver ass prancing around….motivating me to keep going.

Then, I can go swimming…

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/367641-I-dont-wanna