*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/367307-Nemo
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#367307 added August 19, 2005 at 4:15pm
Restrictions: None
Nemo
Sadness has enveloped my soul. Taking over my lungs rendering my muscles immobile. How can the dying of a family pet produce such all-consuming emotion? About an hour ago Bryan noticed him laying in the back yard not chasing the truck as it drives along the fence as he usually does. We both raced out the back door. He’s ten years old we knew this day would come.

He struggles to inhale each breath unable to lift his head, stretching his neck and eyes in an effort to see the noises around him. We woke Laney up (student holiday) For the longest time the three of us sat there and patted him talking softly not even bothering to hold back tears. Poor Nemo. We put a make-shift tent over him to keep the sun off.

Now I’m at work, and Bryan just called saying Nemo growls when he tries to pick him up. I do not envy him, having the unpleasant task of putting Nemo down. My heart hurts for everyone.

A picture of my doberman

Good-bye Nemo. We will miss you.

© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/367307-Nemo