*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/367814-Sunday-Morning--random-thoughts-Eddie-Vetter
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #924960
of a tennis player, hiker, writer
#367814 added August 22, 2005 at 9:05am
Restrictions: None
Sunday Morning -random thoughts Eddie Vetter
No newspaper. How many days out of the year does this happen? It’s hard to start the day out with a SFA when a reoccurring annoyance parks itself right in your lap first thing. Throwing off the normal balance of a morning routine. Especially a Sunday morning!

No transition here, but I’m typing in between house chores. I’m changing the name of my ‘clear your head’ writing from junk writing to power writing. I know, it’s a total mind game. I’m really trying to get some articles published, take a more serious approach, and the term Power Write is more appropriate. (forgive me if this is already someone else’s term. ) It’s just like my ‘super fantastic’ phrase, which pumped me up for a few months. (in reality, I think it was getting away – experiencing something new and meeting new people) but whatever. I’m adopting this phrase to further underscore my seriousness in writing.

Okay, now, where was i…oh yeah, the paper. That so totally sucks.

Scott and Colleen are coming over after all. So is Colleen’s cousin from Jamaica who just flew in this Friday and was the reason for the first decline in our invitation for dinner and swimming. Also, Bryan invited his sister. Her husband is stuck in Japan. Still. And may not get home until the 29th.


later in the day...

Eddie Vetter rocks. I love the DVD Live at the Garden. Especially the Wishlist song. At the end, he adds a verse…and gets the audience to sing along.

It feels so real I can feel it.
It tastes so real I can taste it.
It sounds so real I can hear it.
It is so real I can be it.
Then why
(and he drags this word out) can’t I touch you.

He leans into the mike and says…”Sing New York, I know you want to.” And together, he and the audience sings the last line. Then, he says, “Just you.” Everyone one present pipes in. It’s great and the expression on Eddie’s face is perfect. His huge smile, eyes filled with awe. He mumbles, “That was fucking beautiful. “

If I may, I’d change the first two lines of the verse just a bit…

It feels so real I believe it.
It smells so real I can taste it.


© Copyright 2005 NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth (UN: twinsis at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NanoWriMo2018 Into the Earth has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/367814-Sunday-Morning--random-thoughts-Eddie-Vetter